Intro or no intro?

WoodenRailwayStudio

Youtube - for fun and profit!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A short intro stating the name of your channel and welcoming viewers is a good thing. Your regular views come to expect it and new viewers appreciate the welcome. No harm in inviting everyone to comment in your intro.

fatisis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
For my channel as a music channel I personally started to add in my latest videos for intro, a part of the same video with an effect as the title of the song starts to appear for about 3-5 seconds... So, it's different in each song.

For vlogs or other kind of videos, for me as a viewer, I like to hear a summary of what is about to follow and a welcome. I don't like to see the same and same intro in hundreds of videos on a channel. Instead, I prefer a logo on the thumbnail that will characterise you, and the audience, instantly, will know that it is your video. It's the first thing that the viewer gets to see, so what's the need for an intro, except you're a talking about news... In my opinion! :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Cartoonist, Animator
I think an intro is good, as long as it's short and to the point. A good intro, in my opinion, should also let newcomers get an idea as to what kind of person you are.
My intro, for example, can vary in length, but I never go beyond 5 seconds. This is because my logo instantly pops into place, followed by a random sound byte, usually dialogue that's cut from the final video as an outtake.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A while back I started to add a short (2-3 second) intro to my videos, but someone pointed out to me that I shouldn't do that. Now I have started to doubt myself, what do you guys think? (the video in my signature does not have that intro).
Thank you for posting this. I was in the process of hiring someone to make me an intro video for my channel.

Favour Joshua

Reaction score
For me, in my opinion, i feel you should add intros.
Reasons why you should add an intro
It makes your video look more professional
2. It makes people feel welcomed.
3. It shows people who you are.
4. It shows people what your channel is about.
5. It is a chance to show of your creativity.
6. I've heard a lot of people like intros.

Reactions: AcrylicArtPaintings
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, in my opinion, i feel you should add intros.
Reasons why you should add an intro
It makes your video look more professional
2. It makes people feel welcomed.
3. It shows people who you are.
4. It shows people what your channel is about.
5. It is a chance to show of your creativity.
6. I've heard a lot of people like intros.
Thank you for such a clear explanation.

PvtPsycho

Friendly Neighborhood Psycho
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally, speaking from the part of me that watches videos, certain videos are good to have intros on like series (for example tfs's dbz abridged) but other videos like gaming videos (vanossgaming) I could do without the intro.
I guess it's just random honestly

ShaunM

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would imagine this is down to the type of niche you are in.

Personally I hate intros and think they waste time so when I start my new channel I plan to just get right into it.

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I never had a proper intro, but now I state straight away what the video is about so people can decide if the information is important to them, and I shortened down my logo intro to around 3 seconds, all up my intro takes around 10-15 seconds and I think it's helpful. Will look at it over time and probably tweak it.

KyvaDos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, for me, as I have a gaming channel, I have not a intro and I don't like it, because it is will not present my personality like a youtuber and the most big youtubers ( pewdiepie, markplier,jacksepticeye ... etc ) don't have it, but for you as a pet channel you have to do a intro