Intro or no intro?

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've been doing this now for about 6-7 months (4 months uploading to youtube and 3 months or so preproduction) and in that time I've done 3 intros to my channel, the first I felt was a bit too clean and long, the 2nd (My current one) is a little bit shorter but I felt tied in with my channel content a bit better. my new intro (Which should be going out in January) is about 10 seconds long and basically just flashes up a logo and the poster of the film im talking about...Ive found that intros are somewhat beneficial if you link to external sites but only if you keep them brief and to the point :)

HustadGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I’m currently thinking about making an intro as a separate video for my channel, Instead of it being on every video.

Timothy Randy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think for intro is depending on the stuff, and for sure Adobe Premier is the best one out there :)
I personally think for your channel, Intro for sure around 5-10 second.
Why? Because if its too shots and too fast, won't be engaging.
But then also if its too long, people will skip :crying:
That's just my personal opinion XD

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Doesn't seem too long to me. Just right! Gives you a recognisable identity which might be helpful.

I wander of the term bounce rate is applicable to videos like it is to webpages. If it was longer than 5-6 seconds i would leave. The worst examples are people that spend the first 60-120 seconds telling you what you already knew from the title when you clicked on it.

Some of the best youtubers don't seem to have an intro at all. And they get through a lot of content relevant dialogue in the first 10 seconds.

Last edited:

PandaCobain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently decided to start adding intros. I've got end screens done. One is for any game & one is specially for horror games. I decided I'd do the same for the intros. I know most people want to have the same intro or outro for each video but that's not really something I like. If I'm gonna have a theme for the thumbnail, playlist, and outro, imma do the same for the intro.

Reaction score
Keep it simple..short intros never bother me and sometimes add value. Long intros are almost always annoying to me when cruising youtube.

Robot Elixir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm no expert but I think the best compromise is having a short snappy intro that starts not at the very beginning of your video but within the first minute of the content.

James Bang

Reaction score
I completely disagree. By having an intro to your videos, this creates a solid branding of yourself and makes your video look so much more legit! Although if you truly are doubting yourself than perhaps an outro will do the job!

FloFloBear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I completely disagree. By having an intro to your videos, this creates a solid branding of yourself and makes your video look so much more legit! Although if you truly are doubting yourself than perhaps an outro will do the job!
I agree with you. I think it makes viewers remember you and return to your channel. I am not a fan of long intros though. My intro is only a few seconds of a doodle my girlfriend made with me and a bear. I also use the same style for my outro. I hope it will help with branding. For now I only have one video though! :)