Channel Type
Youtuber
Intro are good to have . shows you are pretty serious about channel

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I usually don't like intros, but depending on the content you make or the type of intro, it could work.

mussonman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
What are the biggest pros and cons to intro/no intro?

I can't decide myself if I should have one

DougHewsonYT

Reaction score
If you have to have one, keep it short. Placement is important, you don't want to open with it, but roll it for no more than 5 seconds after a teaser that lets the viewer know what they can expect in the video. After the intro/title, get straight into the content (with maybe a quick CTA first).

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Not a massive fan of intro's personally, keep thinking I should get one but then I'm like naaaa, it can turn away viewers if you don't get the intro bang on people can get discouraged from your channel.

Show Stephanie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really think it depends on the type of channel, but for me personally I would say intros. I like seeing them and I dont think it would put someone off from watching because if they dont like it then the chances are they will skip it so that they dont have to see it and they came to the video to view the video so I dont see why the intro would put you off.

Sherry George

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I started with an intro thinking that it would be catchy and people would somehow connect the song to my youtube channel. With my last video, I just got straight to the point. However, I think I am going to keep my intro just to keep my videos uniformed.

debbie_yt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I started trying to post new videos, I had the same question. I asked my sister, who has been making videos on her YouTube channel for s couple years. Her opinion was that I should either just make like an overlay/watermark kind of thing, or just make a really short intro. I also started looking around at some of my favorite YouTubers to see what they were doing. I was surprised to see that most of them just went straight into their videos with no intro. The ones that did have intros had really short ones that were engaging.

I decided to go with just a short 4 second intro. I think someone previously mentioned something about branding. That's the thought process I had when I decided to do it. I figured I wanted something that would make my channel stand out from the others in my niche.

Anyhow, I'm no YouTube expert, but that's my thought. I love to read other's thoughts also.

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A while back I started to add a short (2-3 second) intro to my videos, but someone pointed out to me that I shouldn't do that. Now I have started to doubt myself, what do you guys think? (the video in my signature does not have that intro).
It depends on the content you are making an if an intro would be appropriate. An intro that is a few seconds is useful for branding, however if using one - there is no need to again introduce yourself via voice overlay in the video itself (I made that mistake on my gaming channel).
No point in introducing yourself twice. I tend to stick to using intros for videos that do not have me talking in them or to build up a strong brand awareness. At our level on YouTube, brand awareness is not really paramount but helps to build up a sense of familiarity with the viewer.

Basically, in short, it is your own choice. Does it feel right to you? Does the audience you have recognise it as yours? Are they familiar with it?
If yes to all three of those questions then, personally, I would keep it.