Intro or no intro?

TheSGGamingChannel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally recommend against long intros unless it is REALLY done right. Take AVGN for example; it's essentially the same theme song and the intros are at least a minute, but they're always entertaining to watch.

Only if you can make an intro of that high quality could you pull of a long one.

Deathmitsos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You should have an intro,
Because i sell intros
End of story :p

Actioncam.nz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
10 second attention grabber - 2 or 3 second intro - content - end screens

That's the format I follow.

Good Luck!
yea I also agree, drop some value, then a quick intro and get back into it asap. I usually make ads so this is even more critical. people will skip the second they get bored.

BerserkB

Reaction score
intros are never bad, just don't make them ridiculously long.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think anything more than 6-10 seconds is too long. If I'm watching a video and I don't see the person/vlogger relatively immediately, I'm going to be turned off. Especially if it's someone with a small following. No one wants or cares about seeing a fancy logo. They just want to know what you have to say! Good content over intro any day!

Billybobjoesmit YT

Reaction score
It's like an ad. you gotta grab their attention the first few seconds and it's hard to keep their attention so unless it's a really good intro I wouldn't do it

TheCooliBros

Reaction score
Intros are important as they signify who the viewer is watching. If you don't make the intro too long i think its fine.

Painer

Reaction score
I think an Intro is a must. The only thing you should care about is not putting a 10-second Intro in a 1 Minute Video.
but I don't mind even long intros (like 20 seconds) if it is done well and the video is long as well

crydaddy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Intros are fine so long as it's not the first thing one sees. You need to sell yourself in the first 15 seconds in order to keep that view and if half of those 15 seconds is your intro you're not really going to stand out.