Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Intro or no intro?

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by Furry Gurus, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Messages:
    Cash:
    $8
    What if your intro is longer but action packed to grab more people?

2. TheSGGamingChannel
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $84
    I personally recommend against long intros unless it is REALLY done right. Take AVGN for example; it's essentially the same theme song and the intros are at least a minute, but they're always entertaining to watch.

Only if you can make an intro of that high quality could you pull of a long one.

3. Deathmitsos
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $54
    You should have an intro,
    Because i sell intros
    End of story :p

4. Actioncam.nz
    Cash:
    $10
    yea I also agree, drop some value, then a quick intro and get back into it asap. I usually make ads so this is even more critical. people will skip the second they get bored.

5. BerserkB
    Cash:
    $3
    intros are never bad, just don't make them ridiculously long.

6. Heather White
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $0
    I think anything more than 6-10 seconds is too long. If I'm watching a video and I don't see the person/vlogger relatively immediately, I'm going to be turned off. Especially if it's someone with a small following. No one wants or cares about seeing a fancy logo. They just want to know what you have to say! Good content over intro any day!

7. Billybobjoesmit YT
    Cash:
    $0
    It's like an ad. you gotta grab their attention the first few seconds and it's hard to keep their attention so unless it's a really good intro I wouldn't do it

8. TheCooliBros
    Cash:
    $4
    Intros are important as they signify who the viewer is watching. If you don't make the intro too long i think its fine.

9. Painer
    Cash:
    $4
    I think an Intro is a must. The only thing you should care about is not putting a 10-second Intro in a 1 Minute Video.
    but I don't mind even long intros (like 20 seconds) if it is done well and the video is long as well

10. crydaddy
    Cash:
    $8
    Intros are fine so long as it's not the first thing one sees. You need to sell yourself in the first 15 seconds in order to keep that view and if half of those 15 seconds is your intro you're not really going to stand out.