Intro or no intro?

Tom theWildlife

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you say intro do you mean before each video or as a trailer to your channel? :)

AhrinYT

Reaction score
Sometimes, it really depends on the intro. I feel as if on some of the larger popular videos have very long intros and personally, I believe this is a mistake. It creates branding, but after seeing the same, long intro again, it can get very boring and instantly skipped. If I had a intro, I would keep it under 3 seconds just so people know who the video is from and so you can create a well known presence on the internet

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Alright, with my last two videos I did some tests. Before, with my 25 second intro, I saw about a 30% viewer drop when the intro started, regardless of if I placed it before or after my hook. On one video I cut the intro entirely and on the other I placed a smaller, ~5 second branding intro after the hook. On both videos I've only see about a 10% drop in viewers in the first 30 seconds and there isn't a clear point where they're clicking away. So, so far I haven't seen a difference between short intro and no intro but I've seen a huge difference in dropping the long intro. So for me at least, I'm just going to stick to the short branded intro.

Kilt Bros

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We thought about an intro for quite some time and decided not to, opting for just an outro instead, making use of Youtubes end screens. I don't see any issue with intros however, as long as they arent too long and over the top. Your one is very short and to the point. I like it! :)

Random431

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just prefer to start with a quick clip that is of interest from within the video, then a small intro (less than 3 seconds), than straight to the actual content.

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was using intros until just this Friday. I did a video without an intro and I do like the way the video flows now. I think from now on I will just add a line of text fade in and out so the video isn't chopped up by the intro. If you look at Casey Neitat's vlog he just uses text and the video flows. Thoughts?