Free software for making graphics? You got it!

XANISA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I guess it depends on how you want your thumbnail to look like. I use picmonkey.com for my thumbnail and I usually use it to add text to my photo and to resize it so that it can be uploaded as a video thumbnail.

But I believe you can add photos to a photo in picmonkey just like photoshop. The only difference is you can't edit the photos that you add in the sense that that photo cannot be edited to have a transparent background. LOL, does that make sense? :unsure:

QuiteGoneJin

Letf Handed Red Headed Stepchild Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Pixlr can make anything into a png for transparency and layering, and its a free online program that requires absolutely no DLing. I suggest checking it out.

cadetKei

Hakuna your tatas.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
If you're looking for something simple and free then PicMonkeydotcom does its job. It has all sorts of filters, textures, little things you can add to make it look nice. But I guess for more serious things I use Corel Photo Paint, which is a pretty outdated program but I'm just pretty used to it.

YaoiOrDie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Other
I used GIMP for the basics, but I used Inkscape for text.
GIMP is good for the basic stuff, but if you want shapes or text, inkscape is a better way to go. The vectors just look that much nicer than anything GIMP can do.

Reactions: CaptainDelugo

UnderGroundTank

Reaction score
It depend on what the user likes better. You can pick between so many differnt picture editing type software but the most common one are: Photoshop, Gimp, Pixlr, and paint.net. They are all free to use well to get Photoshop for free you need to use a older model which is C2.

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's no good program to make thumbnails, it's you, the artist, who becomes good at it ;)

I'd advise GIMP, it's practically a clone of photoshop but it's more user friendly and it'll give you almost the same features as photoshop does.
Also it's FREE! I make all my thumbnails in it and I personally think my thumbnails are not bad :)

Reactions: YaoiOrDie

Brice

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
As a graphics designer I use Cinema4D(3D program for mine craft models and text) and use photoshop to edit it and give it the pop. But GIMP is what I started with, simple but gets the job done. I have seen some great work done. You just need to know how to use it to its fullest extent! So yea Photoshop then GIMP

MapleStream

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Gimp is probably the best and its free :D

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys! so I'm currently using PicMonkey to create my custom thumbnails but I want to use another software to create them. Can you guys tell me what other software's there are?