Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Free software for making graphics? You got it!

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by sickmind33, Feb 24, 2015.

1. ColorCommentary
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $51
    What's the benefit of Inkscape, exactly? I am unfamiliar with the program, but it looks like another Photoshop variation. How does it compare to GIMP in your opinion?

Callan Wills likes this.
  2. Callan Wills
    The Grandad.
    Cash:
    $22
    InkscapeExplain.png

ColorCommentary likes this.
  3. CyberunHD
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $38
    pixlr and gimp are all I need..both still free:) great list my friend!

4. Factually True
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $38
    One piece of software which hasn't been mentioned at all is the good old Microsoft PowerPoint :biggrin: I know it's not technically free but many people probably have it just hanging around on their computers.
    Combined with a little imagination it's surprisingly useful. I obviously use it for my videos as well, so it makes sense for me to create my thumbnails there, too. While you can't really free-form draw in it (or you can but....don't :laugh2:), it's great for compiling images, backgrounds and texts. It doesn't have that steep learning curve many of the more professional programs have, but instead is very easy to use. I can highly recommend it if you want to keep your thumbnails simple (f.ex. image+text).

As for software that can create graphics from scratch, I'm not really an expert, but even I have managed to get good looking stuff out of InkScape.

5. BettyisHere
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $39
    gimp is great and free, its almost like photoshop and doesnt come with a huge pricetag

6. Daxterthepro
    Cash:
    $8
    I mean you can get Photoshop and them for free ;)

7. Glenn
    Cash:
    $7
    I absolutely love Gimp. It has everything that Photoshop has! It is amazing... it is almost hard to believe it is free!

AllVisuals4U likes this.
  8. Riderculous
    Cash:
    $18
    I am a big fan of Sketchbook pro from Autodesk, It's not free, but it only costs $20 a year and is easy to use and can do most of the things photoshop can do.

9. AllVisuals4U
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $60
    I think GIMP will do it for me! Learning it myself right now.. Big plus is that it's free!

10. ExcelNick
    Cash:
    $9
    You can use picmonkey.com its quite good for thumbnails or try checking youtube to get free cracked photoshop
    theres tonnes of videos out there :)