youtube tips for beginners

jmichael1

Reaction score
Hi im kind of new to making videos on youtube and im a small gaming youtuber so if you have any tips feel free.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Something that helped me to not be awkward when I first started a month ago was to put one ear bud in and listen to music as I recorded my commentary. It really eases my nerves and helped me get comfortable. Always keep something to drink with you when your recording, or it is likely your throat will start to hurt. Be consistent and answer all of the comments that aren't sub4sub, like4like,comment4comment and all of that bad stuff. Another thing is that all of those sub4subs do not help your channel any, they actually hurt your channel, so I recommend not doing them. I wish you the best of luck!

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
Well, first of all. Don't be conscious of your sub count. If you do, you'll get anxious and might give up early. Just keep doing what you love. Be natural. Be Unique.
Never try to copy other people because you are not them.

Don't be afraid to experiment with your videos also. Try different genres, different thumbnails, video titles, etc.

Collabs also help. Never sub4sub or the likes because they don't help at all.

Dgamewiz

Gaming Wizard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Advice that I could give that the others haven't is always try to do better everyday, not better than Cry, or pewds or whoever. Just better than the you the you were yesterday. More of a life lesson but really it applies to everything you will ever do.

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
Advice that I could give that the others haven't is always try to do better everyday, not better than Cry, or pewds or whoever. Just better than the you the you were yesterday. More of a life lesson but really it applies to everything you will ever do.
I agree.
Re-Watch your videos. The ones you've uploaded. See any mistakes or errors? Fix them on your next video. Always try to improve in every video that you upload. It's also fun to watch how you progressed as videos pass.

Reactions: Dgamewiz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But I would say my biggest tip to boost a new channel is to sign up for a adwords account using a voucher. When you spend $25 - adwords gives you $100 free credit. Wait until you have a few videos up, pick your best one and promote it. Make sure to set the ad to only run Pre-roll and set the bid to 0.01. Target the ad to only appear on specified URLs of videos you think will have a similar audience!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KiddieToysReview

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If I were able to sum up everyone's advice on Youtuber ever made, you should make great videos and promote them effectively.

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have ur channel set up before posting such as channel art, the about section, etc etc. Use forums, socials, and friends to promote ur content. Don't give up and keep trying! Lastly make actual good content, thumbnails, tags, u know the rest.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But I would say my biggest tip to boost a new channel is to sign up for a adwords account using a voucher. When you spend $25 - adwords gives you $100 free credit. Wait until you have a few videos up, pick your best one and promote it. Make sure to set the ad to only run Pre-roll and set the bid to 0.01. Target the ad to only appear on specified URLs of videos you think will have a similar audience!
Tell me more please about your experiences with preroll ads. How long are your ads? Is it similar to a channel trailer?