Youtube stuck in processing for hours

GameMaster87

Reaction score
So ive been uploading a 10 minute 1080p video @60hz to my channel, and it uploads fine, but when processing it zooms down the bar before stopping completely at 68%, 2 minutes remaining. I then went outside, stayed for a while, came back in, watched some videos, went back outside, had lunch, and came back, and it was still at 68%, but now without a time estimate. I then deleted it and reuploaded, same story. Can anybody help?

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, welcome to the forum & congrats on 1st post. Try setting the video to unlisted & uploading, after that you can shut down your pc for the night/let YouTube process it. You can also try reviewing your video to see if you put something there that YouTube is not allowing?

GameMaster87

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum & congrats on 1st post. Try setting the video to unlisted & uploading, after that you can shut down your pc for the night/let YouTube process it. You can also try reviewing your video to see if you put something there that YouTube is not allowing?
Thanks! I turned off my monitor for the night, and when I came back this morning it said it had abandoned processing, as it took too long. I've looked through my video, and I honestly can't see anything wrong with it about 2/3rds through, I deleted the video and reuploaded it, and it is now it does the same thing, but now at 70%. Do you have any more suggestions?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey @GameMaster87,

What's the file size for the video project you are trying to upload?
What software are you creating the video project in?

Youtube processor speeds are different depending on current loads. If it's not going through you might have better luck trying to reupload it from scratch at a different time. You mentioned you've done this already but I think this is the only thing you really have control over.

That being said, if I were in your shoes, I would render a 10 seconds clip of the video as private and see if it uploads successfully
Then I would try 1min, 5min, 10min. this might help you see if its a file size issue, a duration issue, or if all your videos will fail to upload regardless of what you do.

Hope that helps.

how long is the video, is it 4k, what fps,
The original post says 10min, 1080p at 60hz

GregD

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
We've had videos in processing for days, some nearly a week. If it's stuck on uploading you have an issue - processing is just going to take however long it's going to take. Once uploaded you can do whatever and just wait for it, or periodically check in to see when the SD is done (the rest will come shortly after that).