YouTube comments disappearing

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed that comments under my videos are disappearing at first I thought YouTube was putting them into the spam section so I checked that's not it, for the past couple days my comments have been slowly disappearing!

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I always get that. Like, it say I got 2 comments but I only see 1. I kinda think maybe... whoever commented either decided to delete their comment for whatever reason, or they deleted their original so they can post a corrected version of their first post.... but the Youtube counter doesn't change to reflect that.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always get that. Like, it say I got 2 comments but I only see 1. I kinda think maybe... whoever commented either decided to delete their comment for whatever reason, or they deleted their original so they can post a corrected version of their first post.... but the Youtube counter doesn't change to reflect that.
I wouldn't think people would be deleting their comment every day, one comment disappears a day that's been happening for a couple days now[DOUBLEPOST=1504578838,1504578773][/DOUBLEPOST]
I also noticed likes and dislikes disappearing

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tons of comments on our channel get classified as spam, but they aren't always spam. Sometimes I think if the person commenting is doing it too fast or doing it multiple times, it gets picked up as spam.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tons of comments on our channel get classified as spam, but they aren't always spam. Sometimes I think if the person commenting is doing it too fast or doing it multiple times, it gets picked up as spam.
That happens to me a lot to but not in this case I checked my spam section those comments wasn't there

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I know what you're talking about, I've got the same thing on my channel... YouTube says a video has say, 3 comments, but when you go to read the comments under the actual video there'll only be 2 comments visible. Nothing in spam or waiting to be approved or anywhere else... I wondered if they were accounts that got deleted. Your analytics show X comments because X comments were actually left, but because the account was deleted, the comment itself gets removed from the comments section.

Disappearing likes/dislikes could be the system recalculating for what it believes to be "fan voting".

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thats strange, it's happened to me before on a few videos, and I just assume the comment had been deleted by the user, or if it had been a long time since the comment had been made I just assumed that the actual account itself could have been deleted
I'm not really sure the specific reason, but especially on my bigger videos (like my top 3 most viewed videos) I have had quite a few comments go missing! some of them were butthurt comments, like someone trying to correct me on something I said in the video then realising that i was actually right, that comment disappeared within a few hours of it being posted haha

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've noticed that the amount of comments it says I have is never correct. I think it might be a glitch because it happens on just about every single video.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That hapens to me from time to time. I use to make a big deal out of it, now I don't.