Would you like a YouTube Channel Review?

I really enjoyed watching some of your videos! They are fast paced a very engaging, and the music you use is well chosen. Making short videos definitely helps with audience retention and keeping viewers entertained, but maybe an extra second or two on some of your text would make it easier to read and remember. The topics for your videos are really fascinating and like I said I really enjoyed watching them. My channel is within a similar niche to yours, and has shown me a new style that I could try out in the future, so THANKYOU! haha. Your banner is colourful and provides information about your upload pattern which is great. I also like the fact that you have sorted your videos into playlists. The thing I can say is upload more! At the moment it looks like you upload once a week? Have a go at 2 a week, but the quality of your videos is more important so obviously don't sacrifice that for more content.[DOUBLEPOST=1447431322,1447430773][/DOUBLEPOST]
266 subscribers in a month! Clearly you're getting a lot right ;) I really enjoyed your McDonalds video, and your style kept me entertained through the whole video, which is rare! I'm going to focus on improvements because I think there's a lot of good things I could say, but you'd probably already know and that's not very useful to improve. So, the first improvement I could suggest is maybe changing the style of your thumbnails. Your plain white text on top of an image looks great, but maybe changing the white to a light blue, or something brighter would help to attract more people. However, at the moment they look clear and sophisticated, so don't lose that if you decide to change your style there slightly.
Another change you could make is maybe adding just a bit more information to your channel description, maybe something about you as it is a vlogging channel and your character is very important to your videos. Also, get some more videos out! A lot of people are enjoying your content, and you're growing fast, so why not provide more? Obviously with vlogs, not everyone has an extremely interesting day all the time, so every day might be a bit excessive for now.
Hope that helps, if you have time to check me out that would be great! :)

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the feedback! I can certainly extend the time text is on the screen. I've always struggled with that because I never wanted it to feel like it wasn't moving along (as you can tell in the rhythm of the videos). Yes, it does take some time to do each video. I am however trying to push out more and more content to get my numbers up. Especially with the type of channel I am, I need more content up.

Thank you so much again for your time reviewing the channel :)

I'd definitely like a review! I've had this for a while but recently just started to polish it and have higher quality content a day branding! If you could give me any suggestions on how to make it more appealing I'd love to hear it! Though I'd want to stick with the colors and simple theme.

I had some time to take a look at your channel. So far so good, and like your video intros. I like the concept you are going for with the top 10 thing. This could get interesting :)

Couple suggestions I think would help:

• I feel you could give more life to your commentating. Add some more energy & excitement to really keep your viewers attention. Maybe even do a PIP with you commentating in one and displaying the content in another window. This will add some more personality to your videos and let people "get to know you" more.

• In your editing stating #1 thing, #2 thing, #3 thing, etc... Instead of jumping from one to the next without much warning, you should add more transition time and really break down each #.

• Trailer video - I think this video could use some work. It doesn't really explain exactly what your channel will offer it's viewers. I think you should create a video where you quickly welcome, introduce, and explain what your channel will offer (Top 10 things...). Again, you talking to the camera could also be a good addition. ;)

That's all I have for now. Keep it up. I subscribed and look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Wouldnt mind a review - though there is only one video on my channel but its a style direction im heading in (although this video was for a contest it still displays my style) these are short films so they take much longer to make than one day

If you could review my channel that would be amazing :) you seem quite in-depth which is good. I will check your channel out when i get home. Thanks!
The first thing that caught my attention when clicking on your channel is of course your trailer. I like it because straight away it lets viewers know what your channel is about, so that's great. However, your banner is fairly boring, and does not say much about your channel at all, so this could be improved. I think it's the white background that isn't working that well. I really like your thumbnails for the 3D Print videos, however for your other videos the thumbnails seem kind of messy and don't really grab me in. I'd also suggest bulking up your channel description section, as it's quite short and doesn't give me as much information. However, the information missed there is made up by your channel trailer so this isn't a huge problem. Also a small suggestion that I noticed in one of your videos, turn down the game volume slightly, just so your voice is clearer.
I hope some of this helps you to keep improving. I like your channel and hope to see you carry on growing. Keep it up :)
If you get chance to take a look at my channel and give me a review that would be great!

I would love a review :D I recently hit 50 subscribers so I'd love to know where I can improve to get to the next 50 :)

I'd appreciate a review :)

In checking out your own channel, my first impressions are good. Your banner and avatar help push your alias and are easily legible. Your titles seem good and work well for hooks.

For some suggestions on improvement, I would definitely add something to your top banner to describe what it is your channel is about. I had no idea until I looked at what videos were available and assumed. Your about page could also be reflected for this as well. Give a little more about you, what you have to offer, perhaps your schedule, etc. I know you have a channel trailer, but not everyone likes to watch those, and not only that, it's not immediately obvious like when I see your top banner and can instantly read what it is you do.

As an aside, I did watch your channel trailer, but it didn't make sense to me. The majority was gaming clips, it makes me think of a gaming channel. I know you have it in the description what your channel is about, but not everyone reads that or even looks there when the video is playing.

Your thumbnails have some nice images that you're working with. Though I think your they could be a bit stronger. It's a little difficult to read the ones with smaller text. If you don't have it already, I highly recommend Gimp as an editing program. It's free, open source, and has a lot of similar features to Photoshop.

Your voice is nice, clear, and understandable. The music is a nice choice to help go along with your commentary.

I'd definitely shorten down the opening card with your username. The first 10 seconds can make/break a video, and you spend half of it on your title card. I used to do this too, mine was typically 5-7 seconds long. I had since shortened it to 4 before I ended up removing it completely. Jumping into the content first is the most important. You can always do #10 in your lists then have a short few second break for your title card before returning to the rest of the video. That way it teases the content and you still get your username out there.

I'd also highly recommend working on your keywords/tags as well. For your job interview video, you will almost certainly not rank for "Interview," it's way too broad and there is a lot of competition there already. Check out the thread: HOW TO: Get More Views by Targeting 'Long Tail'/Compound Keywords for Tags. Some great advice there :)

As a general suggestion, the YT channel VideoCreators is FANTASTIC for helping people like us figure out the ins and outs of having a YT channel.

I think you have potential though, and it's nice to see that you're active and upload often. It's been a week, but you have a nice start. Just keep working on improving and making each new video better than the last and you'll get there :)

First of all thank you so much for that detailed review. I took some notes and am about to work on making those improvements.
First off all, I love your banner. It combines a load of really cool images, and is very eye-catching. One improvement there could be to make your channel name stand out a bit more. The effect on the writing looks cool, but makes it a bit harder to read the name and it doesn't stand out as well as it could.
Your thumbnails are great, and the images you use are again very interesting for a viewer. The one thing I would suggest is trying a different colour to just black or white for you text in the thumbnail, as you want these to stand out as much as possible.
In your channel trailer slot I like that you have chosen one of your videos instead of making a new video specifically to describe your channel. The video you used describes your channel so well without you having to say it in words, and definitely made me want to watch more.
I can't really think of any more improvements. You are really talented and you make great videos, so congratulations and keep it up! Your channel is so unique, and that's the best part about it.
I would like a honest review . Much appreciated thanks :)
I was really surprised when realised you have a gaming channel. This is because your banner has no indication of what your channel is about, and the theme doesn't give me any hints either. I also checked your channel description, and this is very unclear as well. So an improvement that I'm suggesting is to brand your channel so that it suits your niche, and lets viewers who come across your channel know what it's about. A good way to do so is give your channel a custom layout, and make a channel trailer.
This is a tough process and could take a while to decide on what designs work and will bring in subs, but trust me it will definitely be worth it.
If you get time to look at my channel and give me some tips that would be very helpful.

Back