Why its important to love what you do.

This is so awesome! I love the positivity and your energy! It is soooo important to love what you are doing! Keep up the great work and good luck with your channel :)

Definitely a great attitude to have.

I think there is a point though, depending on your goals, where you have to craft some content that is more likely to be discovered and reach a bigger audience.

I too have had many iterations on my channel (music, vlogs, comedy) and am slowly discovering what parts of the process I really enjoy (mostly the editing and the challenge of keeping people engaged). That being said, I think there needs to be careful consideration into the content planning if you are going to find success. Of course it's fun and easy to upload whatever and whenever we want, I just don't find that strategy ever ends well, even if it makes us happier because it's less stressful than trying to adhere to a schedule and produce content even when we are tired or don't want to.

All that being said, if you aren't doing something you enjoy you are very likely to get burnt out before ever gaining any momentum... but I think there should still be a lot of research and planning involved.

I'm actually in a somewhat similar situation. I started in 2007, making music covers and weird sketches, then moved on to vlogs, then gaming, and now I've cleared up one of my channels (only 1 video there at the moment, the rest are unlisted) because I'd like to get back to my roots a little bit. I've always enjoyed talking to cameras, and over the years have been getting more comfortable in front of them, so why not.

Where this may not be as similar, is the reason why I've been jumping from one thing to another. I've always loved what I did, but the notion that "if you make something that makes sense to a lot of people, eventually someone will find it" was on my mind and I never really saw any real growth. I've always encouraged comments, but no one ever left any. Putting everything together on my own, I'd just start to run out of ideas at a certain point, and then I'd just say "ah, whatever, it's been a year (or 2), let's try something else".

Good lord, what a story. In case I bummed anybody out, sorry, just felt like sharing that for some reason :)

Back