Why its important to love what you do.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Really glad you've found your calling and now have the channel you want :)

I'm not in my own videos, but they've been something i was doing for fun for years beforehand, and youtube is the perfect place to share them ^^

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Really enjoyed giving this a read :) honestly man I am happy for you, I did the same thing after numerous tries and finally found what I love been at it for 2 years now XD really happy for you bro stay awesome!

Reactions: ChilledAffinity

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You are truly someone who really gets the idea of what a YouTube channel should be like! Throw these numbers and statistics out of the window and look at what you've already got and what you're doing!
I especially agree with these posts popping up about losing interest and such, how can we motivate ye to make videos if you can't even find the motivation yourself!

Do what you love and love what you do!

pizzaboynizza

Honne to Tatemae
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
This is what I've slowly come to realize with my channel...I've even started listening to music when recording because not hearing my voice makes me feelbmore natural...especially since I love music.

BitsOfBen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Whoa Sko, this was so deep. You seem like a cool guy with a lot of knowledge! You seem like such an inspiration! I have never ever met you before in my entire life and feel like it is something i need to do..lol!

Neah but seriously man, it's a good post, you make a good point of making what you love and not giving a monkeys bum about stats and other stuff!

ChilledAffinity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I absolutely adore your channel, for this very reason. You are an excellent filmmaker, for sure, but you're entirely in it, which is something that is rare on a platform that is supposedly about real people doing real things. There is a palpable joy about just making videos that can be difficult to spot in a lot of videos out there, and I really do see that in your channel.

I always say you have to love the work, because sometimes the work is all you'll get. If you want to make easy money, go into sales or widget-making or plumbing, because that's more guaranteed than anything in the arts.

The thing I'm starting to rally against is the idea that we're "content creators." We're not assembly line workers, churning out pieces of eyeball candy for consumers to stare at between ads. We're (hopefully) artists and hosts and musicians and experts and folks trying to say something. Stop chasing after eyeballs, and start putting your dreams on the screen.
You are too kind my friend :) thank you for your consistent support on my channel!
Agreed! we are whatever we want to be and more![DOUBLEPOST=1469627548,1469627179][/DOUBLEPOST]
You have to love it for sure and not just the results, but the process. In fact that is what defines a successful channel IMHO - It's not sub count / view count, play buttons and all the rest. If you love the process of making videos and uploading them to Youtube (regardless of the numbers), then you have a successful channel. :up:
Absolutely xD the process is the best part! having an idea and being so keen to make it and having fun doing it! these are the parts of youtube that truly matter! not even got many subs but i consider myself a very successful channel in that regard[DOUBLEPOST=1469627652][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really glad you've found your calling and now have the channel you want :)

I'm not in my own videos, but they've been something i was doing for fun for years beforehand, and youtube is the perfect place to share them ^^
Thats great that you have continued to do what you love and using youtube as the platform! keep up the epic work friend :)[DOUBLEPOST=1469627945][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really enjoyed giving this a read :) honestly man I am happy for you, I did the same thing after numerous tries and finally found what I love been at it for 2 years now XD really happy for you bro stay awesome!
Thanks for reading! well if you have managed to keep it going happily for two years then your doing it right! happy for you =D keep it up[DOUBLEPOST=1469627998][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love this post! Love what you do, and you're doing it right! Brilliant mantra!
Thank you man :)[DOUBLEPOST=1469628153][/DOUBLEPOST]
You are truly someone who really gets the idea of what a YouTube channel should be like! Throw these numbers and statistics out of the window and look at what you've already got and what you're doing!
I especially agree with these posts popping up about losing interest and such, how can we motivate ye to make videos if you can't even find the motivation yourself!

Do what you love and love what you do!
Thank you =D its true though you can have the worst camera and no edit skills and still have a succesful channel with great content. because "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" if you made something you are proud of, had fun doing it and are pleased with the results. then its a success, and nothing else matters :)[DOUBLEPOST=1469628273][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whoa Sko, this was so deep. You seem like a cool guy with a lot of knowledge! You seem like such an inspiration! I have never ever met you before in my entire life and feel like it is something i need to do..lol!

Neah but seriously man, it's a good post, you make a good point of making what you love and not giving a monkeys bum about stats and other stuff!
AHAHAHA Ben i was about to be all "What you on about son we are good mates and have met plenty times" then i saw the rest and was like.. oh haha xD
Cheers dude! cant wait to have pints at sitc with ya

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Another positive article, I must say I have had dark times in regards to making videos lately, sometimes I had asked myself what's the point but then it would be a HUGE slap in the face to people who genuinely like the content, I'm now soo relaxed with youtube that I no longer worry about growth, views, likes, shares and just focus on doing the content I want when I want - soo much better and I've seen my content creativity expand to showcase more of my personality

pizzaboynizza

Honne to Tatemae
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Another positive article, I must say I have had dark times in regards to making videos lately, sometimes I had asked myself what's the point but then it would be a HUGE slap in the face to people who genuinely like the content, I'm now soo relaxed with youtube that I no longer worry about growth, views, likes, shares and just focus on doing the content I want when I want - soo much better and I've seen my content creativity expand to showcase more of my personality
Trying to get on your level, lol.

Reactions: RichGuitarGamer

ChilledAffinity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You're doing it right :) keep up those good vibes and happy content making ways friend

Reactions: RichGuitarGamer