Why am I still getting copyrights alerts on my videos while I'm doing parodies ?

FaPN

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys
I create parodies using Tom and Jerry videos and everytime I upload a video I get a copyright claim ( from WBTV the owners of Tom and Jerry TV ) . I know that uploading cartoon videos ( which belong to big companies ) is not allowed on youtube but I'm making parodies so it's a fair use ( I think youtube allow creaters to make parodies and it's under fair use ) ... So why I'm getting copyright alerts ? and if anyone knows how to avoid that please tell me how and thanks .

copyright.PNG

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
2 likely reasons for this
1) Youtube's awful content ID system
2) Some s****y company who doesnt understand how copyright works

Reactions: FaPN

CWA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You should add the copyright disclosure Fair Use Rule to the opening of your video as well as a link in your description. You should be left alone after that. Just google or youtube Fair Use Doctrine Tutorial. Not sure if I can link or not, but searching that exact phrase wil give you what you need to put in the beginning of your videos.

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Usually those kind of things are automated or managed by some larger group that doesn't really check that closely unfortunately. Fair use is something determined in court, not something that you can really claim on its own.

FaPN

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I moved this to the copyright discussion forum.
Thank u :)[DOUBLEPOST=1522400646,1522400539][/DOUBLEPOST]
Usually those kind of things are automated or managed by some larger group that doesn't really check that closely unfortunately. Fair use is something determined in court, not something that you can really claim on its own.
So what I should do ?[DOUBLEPOST=1522400958][/DOUBLEPOST]
You should add the copyright disclosure Fair Use Rule to the opening of your video as well as a link in your description. You should be left alone after that. Just google or youtube Fair Use Doctrine Tutorial. Not sure if I can link or not, but searching that exact phrase wil give you what you need to put in the beginning of your videos.
Thank u man :) I will try it[DOUBLEPOST=1522401074][/DOUBLEPOST]
2 likely reasons for this
1) Youtube's awful content ID system
2) Some s****y company who doesnt understand how copyright works
Now it make sense , thank u man

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
To constitute as a copyright parody, you’d have to be using ‘Tom & Jerry’ to make fun of or as a social commentary on ‘Tom & Jerry.’

Using one, unrelated, thing to discuss another (as you are doing) is not considered a parody in the eyes of the court. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum discussing ‘Parody Is Fair Use, Satire Is Not’ that applies here.

As stated from others, your claims are from the automated Content ID system. There is nothing you can do about that and you would likely lose if you put in a counter notice.

CWA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The notice will work. Many of my friends use it on parody videos and do not have an issue.

FaPN

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
To constitute as a copyright parody, you’d have to be using ‘Tom & Jerry’ to make fun of or as a social commentary on ‘Tom & Jerry.’

Using one, unrelated, thing to discuss another (as you are doing) is not considered a parody in the eyes of the court. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum discussing ‘Parody Is Fair Use, Satire Is Not’ that applies here.

As stated from others, your claims are from the automated Content ID system. There is nothing you can do about that and you would likely lose if you put in a counter notice.
Hey man , thank u for ur help ... personly I think that using Tom and Jerry to redescirbe a football match is a parody , but I understand that others may not see it as I do .
Bad things happend , seems like I should find a new idea .
Thanks again for ur help :)

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Normally if it's not an actual copyright violation, you should be able to get it taken down.

Now be careful as sometimes companies will try to scam youtubers. They'll put up a copyright strike, but then ask for money to "take it down"

I doubt this is what you're facing, so just see about a counterclaim! :D