Where are the best places to post your videos?

I tend to post my videos all over the place. I promote them as much as I possibly can. As far as Facebook goes, I post on my wall, have a facebook page for my Youtube channel and also post in different groups there as well. I focus on groups related to my channel such as vlogging groups, asmr groups, beauty groups etc. But sometimes I will also post on Youtube groups too. Reddit has helped me a great deal in gaining views as well. Another place that helps a tad bit for me is posting my videos on Stumbleupon. I have tried posting on twitter, pinterest, etc. but haven't gained a ton of views from those other sources. It does seem to help, but most of my luck tends to come from facebook and reddit.
Thank you. I went to your page u seem cool I'm going to have to try some the sites you said[DOUBLEPOST=1457705835,1457705778][/DOUBLEPOST]Thank you everyone :) I hope this works. I been making good videos (well what I think is good) lol there just not getting out to a lot of people

I try to focus more on SEO metadata so that I can get regular search traffic for my videos rather than needing to post them on every social media site, but I do occasionally post my video on very targeted social media communities (for example, the subreddits specific to the game whose song I'm covering, or google+ communities that are for fans of that game or series.)

I also agree that things can be harsh or hit-or-miss, but I think in any of these things, you have to do more than just promote your own stuff. So I will try to engage in commenting and discussing other topics on these same communities, or what I've started doing more recently is sharing the cover music from other people I like, so that it's not just me sharing only my stuff. I have found that this gets better reception and helps me to get a better reception for my own stuff.

We'll be running a new experiment with social media starting with the video we'll upload later tonight.
I made a 30 second promo with a end slate/CTA at the end asking people to click through to YT. We'll post this short video on FB and see what sort of click-through happens to the full video on YT. Will be interesting to compare the throttling on the video embed post compared to just posting a link to YT. We'll disguise the link at bitly.
I'll also post to our Instagram account and see the clickthrough over the weekend.
Same for Twitter. Have never posted an embedded video there, so should be interesting.
I'll share results once the weekend is over.
[Thanks to FamilyToyReview for outlining their strategy, which we will be testing]

We'll be running a new experiment with social media starting with the video we'll upload later tonight.
I made a 30 second promo with a end slate/CTA at the end asking people to click through to YT. We'll post this short video on FB and see what sort of click-through happens to the full video on YT. Will be interesting to compare the throttling on the video embed post compared to just posting a link to YT. We'll disguise the link at bitly.
I'll also post to our Instagram account and see the clickthrough over the weekend.
Same for Twitter. Have never posted an embedded video there, so should be interesting.
I'll share results once the weekend is over.
[Thanks to FamilyToyReview for outlining their strategy, which we will be testing]
We barely get any views from fb though. When i look at our fb videos ill see we have like 3 views on fb and only a small percent might visit our yt so out of 3 views on fb maybe zero went to yt.

Ill share some stats from our account. Last 7 days we got 18,400 views. Analytics source says only 340 came from external sources. Most came from google search 165. 78 from unknown 39 instructables.com 10 safari app and everything else is 1 count. I dont have anything showing from facebook or instagram. Fb and instagram could be coming from the 78 unknown or 10 safari app because most people use apps.

But my results from fb or instagram are negligible so dont expect too much. Idont have very many followers in fb but instagram have about 800. So barely any views but I just do it anyways becaus its easy and maybe someday it will help.

I guess theres a new tip in here. I tried instructables for my first time after i uploaded a how to make giant gummy coke bottle video. Turned out to be a good idea. Could be a new place to put your video if you make any diy ones.

We barely get any views from fb though. When i look at our fb videos ill see we have like 3 views on fb and only a small percent might visit our yt so out of 3 views on fb maybe zero went to yt.

Ill share some stats from our account. Last 7 days we got 18,400 views. Analytics source says only 340 came from external sources. Most came from google search 165. 78 from unknown 39 instructables.com 10 safari app and everything else is 1 count. I dont have anything showing from facebook or instagram. Fb and instagram could be coming from the 78 unknown or 10 safari app because most people use apps.

But my results from fb or instagram are negligible so dont expect too much. Idont have very many followers in fb but instagram have about 800. So barely any views but I just do it anyways becaus its easy and maybe someday it will help.

I guess theres a new tip in here. I tried instructables for my first time after i uploaded a how to make giant gummy coke bottle video. Turned out to be a good idea. Could be a new place to put your video if you make any diy ones.

Thanks for the feedback and sharing the stats. The DIY site is very interesting indeed, and may be the route to go. I think it's a great strategy to target sites like this. There must be a site with science experiments, play-doh creations, etc. That may be the best way to go forward at this stage of growth. what about sites dedicated to specific toys?

I'm very disappointed with our Facebook views. Our last video's 30 second embedded preview reached 125 people, got 36 views (this is out of the fan page's 220 likes and my personal and wife's combined friends of over 800!!) and just ONE click on the bit.ly link to YouTube. Very disappointing indeed. My conclusions from this (small sample) is that kids video are not enticing enough to make people click from FB to YT (for small new channels at least, can't really comment on big famous channels). [On a separate note, I think a "friend" purge may be in order :) ]

Instagram is even worse. From our 5200 or so followers, we only got 2 clicks to YouTube. While our 15 second video got 166 views, only 1% bothered to see the full video. Even though we had a shoutout challenge, something we've done the last 2 weeks and had really good participation on Instagram. I guess the Instagram folks don't really like to click over too much too.

The Twitter got no clicks at all on the embedded video going over to YT.

We'll try more of the embedding this week, but until the channel grows more, it seems it's mostly a waster of time. Perhaps to build some more awareness and just "be out there" I don't see it driving much traffic for us at this stage.

I think the best strategy is the 80/20 rule. Focus almost all energy on where your traffic comes form. That's suggested videos and search. So looks like full descriptions and optimization is the focus.

Where do post on reddit? I tried once and got shadow banned. I see people mention here they use reddit but reddit seems to be against it. I created new account recently and found a sub called newtubers or something like that and posted there. But reddit rules say dont promote yourself too much.

Its pretty confusing to me the best way to use reddit.[DOUBLEPOST=1457552230,1457552109][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which subreddits do you usually use?[DOUBLEPOST=1457553042][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea Ive noticed they dont have big social media presence. I still like to use social media in meantime though since im not big yet. Ive got a new flow down to make it a little easier. Since i edit vidoes on my phone and then upload to youtube..

After that i will upload using instagram app. Instagram shortens it to 15 seconds. I create hashtags and a link to my youtube page on each video. Instagram has a hashtag counter to tell you how popular a keyword is. I just copy my instagram description with the hashtags and then use that same description for fb and vine.

I also then upload the 15 second video created by instagram to fb. Because fb creates a better clickable thumbnail if you upload video than if you linked a youtube page. And the vidoe i upload will mostly be a 15 second preview. Sometimes if im in the mood ill upload the whole video but usually i like to upload just the 15 seconds.

And i setup my youtube and other accounts to automatically update twitter when i post, so i dont even need to make a special post for that.

Social media not reallly helping us, but under my system its very easy and quick for me to post on extra social media accounts. So i do it anyways since it doesnt hurt. Also i tried following a bunch of fans of similar channels and it netted me 900 followers mostly of similar demographic. If i keep doin that ill have more instagram followers than youtube subscribers. Eventually one of them will visit my youtube i hope!

Ive added a new fun step for anyone who cares. Theres an app called musical.ly its like vine but more music video style. Ive turned my 15 sec trailers into mini music videos and then sharing. The song selection is nicer since its latest music and i assume the copyrights are ok to use since its not monetized its only 15 sec and theres an entire community using it. Anyways its kind of fun. Ive uploaded then to our instagram "familytoyreview"

Back