What makes you unsubscribe from a channel?

tlegacytv

Luckily it hasn't happened recently that I know of but there was a period where I was stuck around the 29 sub range because people would unsubscribe just as new people subscribed. I have a feeling it could be my consistency and I plan on changing my banner soon. I had a feeling that people were already aware that animation videos takes a lot of time to make. I am not complaining or anything. After the first few unsubs it doesn't really faze you anymore lol This got me curious so I wanted to hear your thoughts on this. What are some things that causes you to unsubscribe from a channel?

Last edited:
If they don't produce content for a long time according to the content (for example gaming vids daily, but then no gaming vids for a week, or no animations in 3 months when the usual schedule is biweekly)

Luckily it hasn't happened recently that I know of but there was a period where I was stuck around the 29 sub range because people would unsubscribe just as new people subscribed. I have a feeling it could be my consistency and I plan on changing on changing my banner soon. I had a feeling that people were already aware that animation videos takes a lot of time to make. I am not complaining or anything. After the first few unsubs it doesn't really faze you anymore lol This got me curious so I wanted to hear your thoughts on this. What are some things that causes you to unsubscribe from a channel?
I feel your pain, I'm at 83 at the moment if people didn't unsubscribe I'd be at like 91 but I guess it's better they unsub rather than been inactive, usually I unsub as I get bored of watching the content

If the uploader change (attitude/behavior), if her/his content is not relevant anymore to me or simply I don't like them anymore because I've seen better than her/him. Those are my reasons for unsubscribing to them.

I don't unsub often, maybe an annual purge of inactives or things I have zero interest anymore. On a singular basis I might get annoyed by someone spamming my timeline with 50 uploads in one day. Have had that happen a few times with some bands/music channels, one time a band made 50 videos for every single different "city" they would have a concert in and I was just like f**k off... you could easily have it in one vid with timecodes or whatever in the first second of vid, but noo...

I'm sure the majority are like that, unsub cause lack of interest, or too much content and they get annoyed, not enough content...etc

Honestly I think consistency of content is one of the biggest things that causes anyone to unsubscribe. Other than that the only thing I can think of is if the channel takes an unexpected change of direction that I am no longer interested in.

I don't find myself unsubscribing unless its a long line of uploads of spam-like videos in a day. Then it would be brought to my attention. I'd guess that inconsistency with time and type of content produced would lead to that.

The only times I have unsubscribed is when they are no longer doing videos that interest me. I follow quite a few people on YouTube so if they don't post consistently they do get a bit lost in the shuffle, but I would only unsubscribe for that reason if it was at least a month since they last posted. I care more about the quality than the quantity. That's just me.

Usually for me it's a lack of variety. I watch all sorts of channels but with makeup channels for example it's important it's not the exact same look every time. Some people literally do the same thing with different colours but don't give options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occasionally, I just stop watching certain stuff and move on, even if the quality and quantity are still good. I enjoy content only for so long before I want a change.

Back