What makes a good channel icon

shanesmaineshop

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am always trying to figure out what would be a good channel icon. I do videos on all kinds of stuff but mostly how to and I just cant seem to come up with a good pic for my icon. Any ideas? thanks

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What is your channel about? I usually stick with minimalist ideas.. This is mine. VB (for Visual Brandon) I'm an artist. Get it? Yeah? Yeah.

Reactions: shanesmaineshop

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Simplicity and branding. It needs to be memorable, simple, and definitive to your channel. Mark it with something no other icon has, but don't over complicate it.

CDavila

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would say, think about what you're trying to brand. Is it the idea of the channel or you? If it's the channel, take something that I very distinct to it. If it's you, you should be in the picture. Nothing too complicated like the others mentioned.

Acidchris13

Reaction score
not sure whats going on im trying to fix it somehow my channel isnt my email if that makes sence

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A clean looking logo that sticks in people's minds. Use consistent colours and font across your channel too.

TheItaLianStaLLion || Dan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Needs to be something simple, meets the eye, and sort of I guess is generalised seeing that your channel consists of "everything". Make it unique, and honestly with these types of things, you can honestly do anything with it. The power of creating your own art is you can be as creative as you like, and it's quite customisable so experiment a bit as well.

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on what your channel is about... if you're vlogging then a picture of yourself would prob match it or something with your channel name. A logo of your channel name is always a good one, but those icons that are posted above are pretty good examples.