What Do Yout Think About My Concept

KingleBricks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
right now im kind of just throwing content out usually in short film format but thats because i feel like its a strength of mine, my last video i tried hitting on a trending topic which was the new lebron shoes but shoulkd i keep going with the format im going with and try to perfect it or try more cam to face ways of spreading my content, thanks for any and all feedback
-KingleBricks

morelikecappuccino

Be Kind: Please Rewind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you make content based on whats trending. No matter how creative it is, your not creating something you wanted to do. Your creating content for the shoes.
You do not work for shoes. You do not work for Trump. You do not work for LGBQT or any of the other hot trending topics right now.
Create what YOU want to create.

Even if you really want to make a topic on something that died years ago. You do it because you want to.
Much better results when things are done this way :up2:

OFFTOPIC: I feel like this was better suited to go in the video discussion/planning ideas forum

KingleBricks

Reaction score
Channel Type
If you make content based on whats trending. No matter how creative it is, your not creating something you wanted to do. Your creating content for the shoes.
You do not work for shoes. You do not work for Trump. You do not work for LGBQT or any of the other hot trending topics right now.

Even if you really want to make a topic on something that died years ago. You do it because you want to.

OFFTOPIC: I feel like this was better suited to go in the video discussion/planning ideas forum

well look at the bigger channels, youtube isn't in the best of conditions, think doing a trending topic but delivering it in my own way works somewhat. for the trending topics i just take something that might have multiple view points and share my own view. like in the lebron vid i wasnt advertising or reviewing i was giving a point a thought that most people may not think of when they tie their shoes everyday sure the content/topic wasnt mine to begin with but the way i delivered it made it my own, i was less talking about the shoes and more so talking about a message i wanted to deliver. like i see you have a thumbnail with lightsabers, originally light sabers were created in George Lucas' mind then shown in film however you took his idea/concept/material and made it into something your own, nothing agianst that. i dont just created anything that is trending for the sole purpose of it being trending, if a topic that is trending that i find interest in i record my thoughts/opinion and try to make a message out of it. there are very few things that exist that is purely "original" and or not something originally fabricated by someone else, however the delivery of a topic can be made totally different and purely original

morelikecappuccino

Be Kind: Please Rewind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
...George Lucas' mind then shown in film however you took his idea/concept/material and made it into something your own.
Because its what I wanted to do. Lightsabers are popular but they are def not trending.

last video i tried hitting on a trending topic
If it was something you just wanted to do, there would be no "try" or mention of it "trending" or not.

So now your saying you truelly enjoy making tending topics? What are you trying to ask of the forum? Perhaps this is best left to the advice of someone else, I feel like you're talking in circles. Or I'm missing something here

doing a trending topic but delivering it in my own way works somewhat.
Negative trending/non orginal concept
originally fabricated by someone else, however the delivery of a topic can be made totally different and purely original
Half of your first question goes up in flames
i dont just created anything that is trending for the sole purpose of it being trending, if a topic that is trending that i find interest in i record
The other half of your fist post's question becomes irrelevant

KingleBricks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Because its what I wanted to do. Lightsabers are popular but they are def not trending.

youre not seeing what im saying lol. youre picking lines out without reading it.. my original post used my last video as an example. all the videos are not trending for sure. im saying that the way i deliver the content. another example. the video i made on saving money and the video before it was done in short story format. the original post was talking about that. not whether its good to use trending topics or not, the answer to that is obvious by a simple youtube search.. somehow you twisted something i used as an example into thinking i was asking if trending works.. all the video i make, i make bc i want to if the happen to be trending great more views and subs but if not thats cool too ive had multiple niche channels with over 500 subs but wanted to start fresh because i felt like my sub base was dead and felt like i was stuck in a niche. so to clearify the post is about making videos in shortfilm format.

DeliciousCrackers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I mean if you WANT to make vids on trending topicss because you like it, then what the hell do it. Just polissh yourself. Idk what kinda humor you were going for, but you needed to work on your comedic timing a bit more, i could kinda feel when a joke was coming, so work on that. Get a better mic for the sound, and make a better script. I get a feel of a BRO character from you, like a frat guy kinda vibe, work with that, maybe make it a bit over the top, but make it funny over the top.
Hope this helped
Bet of luck breh!

KingleBricks

Reaction score
Channel Type
I mean if you WANT to make vids on trending topicss because you like it, then what the hell do it. Just polissh yourself. Idk what kinda humor you were going for, but you needed to work on your comedic timing a bit more, i could kinda feel when a joke was coming, so work on that. Get a better mic for the sound, and make a better script. I get a feel of a BRO character from you, like a frat guy kinda vibe, work with that, maybe make it a bit over the top, but make it funny over the top.
Hope this helped
Bet of luck breh!
which video do u mean? the vlogging one? haha i was going for that vibe the comedy was supposed to be easy because i want to draw friends first more so of a small circle first then shoot for the mass audiences in who dont really watch youtube or know who i am referring to makes it easy for them to kind of "get it" i couldve made it much more in dept with the humor i just wanted it to be simple for the outside users but i get what you mean, right now my channel is still in the trial and error period, but i have ideas for series i want to do. thanks for the feedback though! ill definitely polish it up, and thanks for actually viewing my content, ill check your stuff out right now!

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Good points, I would definitely agree with this!

From looking at your channel, I can tell by watching your "How To Vlog" video you have a fun personality. You're entertaining! But what will really set you apart from the other funny vloggers commenting on trending topics? I feel that original content/topics would draw in a more genuine fanbase. (Even from people you know).

Just my two cents. I don't vlog necessarily so I'm more or less theorizing. :bounce:

KingleBricks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Good points, I would definitely agree with this!

From looking at your channel, I can tell by watching your "How To Vlog" video you have a fun personality. You're entertaining! But what will really set you apart from the other funny vloggers commenting on trending topics? I feel that original content/topics would draw in a more genuine fanbase. (Even from people you know).

Just my two cents. I don't vlog necessarily so I'm more or less theorizing. :bounce:

i dont only made trendy stuff haha i think this post was taken out of context i believe haha i was talking about the way i film in like a short story kind of way more so with my how to be happy video and my how to save money video the lebron video was trending but it was also something i wanted to weight in on