Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
What are your ultimate aspirations with Youtube?

Questions to consider with your answer:

-Do you want to be a full time Youtuber?
-Is Youtube a stepping stone/hobby that you hope will lead to other things?
-Do you have an ultimate subscriber/viewercount goal?
-Do you want to have social influence?
-Are you using Youtube to market your skills?

Let me know, I'm interested as to what motivates people to make videos.

My end goal is to become a full time Youtuber ASAP. But, it's just a stepping stone for the next best thing in addition to YouTube. Owning a company that's in relation to social media. And then owning more companies that sell products/services to the social media accounts. And then just being in the entertainment business in general. Anything from small roles in movies to becoming a musician.

I want YouTube for everything it has. The full benefits. The power, the money, the fame, the free stuff getting sent to you all the time. Why not? I want to connect with as much people as possible. I want the spotlight on me. I've always loved it, and I realize that with every up there's downsides, but with YouTube the positives far outweigh the negatives. Some just are unable to handle fame. If you prepare well though, it'll be good. So much can come out of youtube. Funding Kickstarters, selling your stuff, using it as a portfolio or resume to get other sought after jobs, becomign a celebrity and sponsor, getting paid to consult, changing the world, etc.

Of course I'm not motivated solely by the money or the fame. I know I'll get that no matter what I decide to do. But I love YouTube most of all, after years with working with it, so might as well go for it.My main motivation is to just be remembered as a great man. There is no limit, however I would like 100K subs before this year's over. Maybe 10M next year. And then might as well go for #1. Anything is possible. If you look at the greatest people right now, most weren't born ANYWHERE close to where they are. They got there.

For now it's just a hobby, something I do everyday(or not, cuz of things) just to make my day even more awesome! Of course I would love to be a full time youtuber(who wouldn't?) but sometimes I just think if it's even possible for me. I started doing youtube to make people smile and to make their days just as amazing or even more amazing than mine usually are! Being able to bring joy to people's hearts? Awesome. Being able to do it 24/7? Sounds uber amazing. I don't really have that top sub goal, the more people the better! Of course making millions of people happy seems like a dream come true, but well... it's just a simple vision. Anyways, what about you?

I mostly do it for fun and because I love video games / making game videos.

It would be nice to do it full time or to get paid for making videos but right now I am self employed and do other stuff for cash so it's pretty much just for fun right now.

Side effects of making videos - I am getting better at speaking to people, making a fool of myself, video editing and many other things.
Also it's cool people are always sending me messages and chatting about things. So many cool people out there.

I know many people complain about YouTube commenters but somehow I seem to have attracted only the coolest people :)

Thanks for ta sizable answer. You're an honest lad, and clearly driven. You want success and I can appreciate that, I think if we're honest with ourselves, most of us want those things. Interesting you want to have a business in social media. Have you thought much into that yet? Youtube is clearly a fantastic platform for people to boost a career that involves social engagement which is basically any business ever.

My end goal is to become a full time Youtuber ASAP. But, it's just a stepping stone for the next best thing in addition to YouTube. Owning a company that's in relation to social media. And then owning more companies that sell products/services to the social media accounts. And then just being in the entertainment business in general. Anything from small roles in movies to becoming a musician.

I want YouTube for everything it has. The full benefits. The power, the money, the fame, the free stuff getting sent to you all the time. Why not? I want to connect with as much people as possible. I want the spotlight on me. I've always loved it, and I realize that with every up there's downsides, but with YouTube the positives far outweigh the negatives. Some just are unable to handle fame. If you prepare well though, it'll be good. So much can come out of youtube. Funding Kickstarters, selling your stuff, using it as a portfolio or resume to get other sought after jobs, becomign a celebrity and sponsor, getting paid to consult, changing the world, etc.

Of course I'm not motivated solely by the money or the fame. I know I'll get that no matter what I decide to do. But I love YouTube most of all, after years with working with it, so might as well go for it.My main motivation is to just be remembered as a great man. There is no limit, however I would like 100K subs before this year's over. Maybe 10M next year. And then might as well go for #1. Anything is possible. If you look at the greatest people right now, most weren't born ANYWHERE close to where they are. They got there.

Thanks for ta sizable answer. You're an honest lad, and clearly driven. You want success and I can appreciate that, I think if we're honest with ourselves, most of us want those things. Interesting you want to have a business in social media. Have you thought much into that yet? Youtube is clearly a fantastic platform for people to boost a career that involves social engagement which is basically any business ever.

Do you want to be a full-time Youtuber?
- Being a full-time YouTuber for me would be amazing, however, it would disallow my social time and school work. I have always wanted to put myself out there on the internet and have a small amount of success but I wouldn't consider it for a career.
Is Youtube a stepping stone/hobby that you hope will lead to other things?
- I would love to take it as an opportunity, of course, however, if anything else comes in the way that may be a dream job I will take that and spend as much time on youtube as I possibly can.
Do you have an ultimate subscriber/viewer count goal?
- My ultimate goal would be to have 1000 subscribers and I will know that I feel good and people actually enjoy my content.
Do you want to have social influence?
- The whole point of my channel is to try and engage with others and my subscribers or viewers. So yes I want to have a social influence upon others.
Are you using Youtube to market your skills?
- At the moment, no, but if I ever considered into making YouTube a full-time job then i possibly would.

For now it's just a hobby, something I do everyday(or not, cuz of things) just to make my day even more awesome! Of course I would love to be a full time youtuber(who wouldn't?) but sometimes I just think if it's even possible for me. I started doing youtube to make people smile and to make their days just as amazing or even more amazing than mine usually are! Being able to bring joy to people's hearts? Awesome. Being able to do it 24/7? Sounds uber amazing. I don't really have that top sub goal, the more people the better! Of course making millions of people happy seems like a dream come true, but well... it's just a simple vision. Anyways, what about you?

A humble answer you've given, I think that's a healthy outlook. Do it for a hobby/do it for fun and maybe it becomes something. I think putting all your eggs in the basket can be draining and sometimes self defeating if you don't reach the goals you set yourself, I hope your channel grows exponentially!

I love the unadulterated/ non pc/free speech aspect of the internet, I think Youtube in particular is a great platform for social commentary so that's why I've started on Youtube. I've been to Uni, I currently work a normal job that isn't satisfying so I'd love to become a full time Youtuber down the line. Whether that's possible or not is obviously a big IF but to do anything that's self-expressive and to be able to survive (Not be rich), just simply survive on whatever money I made on doing something like YouTube would be self-fulfilling and satisfying enough I think.[DOUBLEPOST=1476303313,1476303097][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mostly do it for fun and because I love video games / making game videos.

It would be nice to do it full time or to get paid for making videos but right now I am self employed and do other stuff for cash so it's pretty much just for fun right now.

Side effects of making videos - I am getting better at speaking to people, making a fool of myself, video editing and many other things.
Also it's cool people are always sending me messages and chatting about things. So many cool people out there.

I know many people complain about YouTube commenters but somehow I seem to have attracted only the coolest people :)

Yeah dude, making videos that includes yourself really does help you with communication and alleviating insecurities. I used to cringe if I ever heard my voice, but now I've spent enough time editing myself that I don't even think about it anymore. Making YT videos on the side is probably a good way to go, you've got your stable job and having a hobby such as creating videos is pretty healthy and a good use of time IMO.[DOUBLEPOST=1476303619][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you want to be a full-time Youtuber?
- Being a full-time YouTuber for me would be amazing, however, it would disallow my social time and school work. I have always wanted to put myself out there on the internet and have a small amount of success but I wouldn't consider it for a career.
Is Youtube a stepping stone/hobby that you hope will lead to other things?
- I would love to take it as an opportunity, of course, however, if anything else comes in the way that may be a dream job I will take that and spend as much time on youtube as I possibly can.
Do you have an ultimate subscriber/viewer count goal?
- My ultimate goal would be to have 1000 subscribers and I will know that I feel good and people actually enjoy my content.
Do you want to have social influence?
- The whole point of my channel is to try and engage with others and my subscribers or viewers. So yes I want to have a social influence upon others.
Are you using Youtube to market your skills?
- At the moment, no, but if I ever considered into making YouTube a full-time job then i possibly would.

Concise answers lad! 1000 is a good goal I think, and achievable if you stick to it. Sounds like Youtube is a hobby for you, but depending on what your dream job is (?) then maybe Youtube could actually supplement your dream job in some way. Either by bringing in potential clients or Youtube could act as a portfolio of what you're capable of. Making videos is time consuming, no doubt it would have an impact on your attention to school and friends.

What are your ultimate aspirations with Youtube?

Questions to consider with your answer:

-Do you want to be a full time Youtuber?
-Is Youtube a stepping stone/hobby that you hope will lead to other things?
-Do you have an ultimate subscriber/viewercount goal?
-Do you want to have social influence?
-Are you using Youtube to market your skills?

Let me know, I'm interested as to what motivates people to make videos.

1. Yes. 100%. Really just a Full-Time creator where I can make anything I want. It's just that YT is doing that the best right now.
2. Kinda. If I can't do YouTube full-time, I would love to use it to just keep posting videos and to help me get other jobs in the same field.
3. Right now I'm at 180. I have a bunch of goals. 1k.10k.100k. 1M. I think no matter what I'll just want to keep going and progressing.
4. I suppose. I would love to know that I can inspire people and make others want to be themselves and endure their creativity.
5. Not really. I do video and film production for a living and most employers or clients aren't really interested in someone that makes comedic vlogs. It's probably actually hurting my chances at paying jobs a bit tbh.

Back