What Do You Do To Videos That Aren't Doing Well?

What do you do to videos that aren't doing well?

• Private/Unlisted it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delete it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JoycelynsLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I'm starting out on YouTube and recently just spent time on trying to growing my channel.

So, I'm wondering, what do you do to videos that aren't doing well?

And what do you define as 'not doing well'?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shweebe

Melanie King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I always just leave mine alone. Because just because it's not doing well now, doesn't mean in time it won't hit a sweet spot in SEO.

Prime Example: One of my videos that I had uploaded in the middle of January topped at 200 views in the end of February. I thought that was the end of that and it'd probably stay there. A month and a half later? It hit a good spot and garnered a bunch of views basically over night and went to over 1K views. Now a month later it's about to hit 2K. Granted it's not an astronomical number, but it's still garnering views almost 5 months later.

Now when you type in the Search Term "F*** Girl" or "F***Girl" into YouTube (which is a fairly popular word in this day and age lol) My "How to be a F***Girl" Video is one of the First videos to pop up.

NEVER delete videos just because they aren't doing well. People may come to your channel 2, 3, 4 months down the line and want to watch that specific video. Which they obviously can't do if you delete it, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoycelynsLife

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I also leave them be, because my very first video was topped at about 50 views, and over the years it has grown to over 300 (which is maybe because of my website). The same thing is with my Skydiving video, I have left it alone, and it grows steadily with a couple of views per day!

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Leave it, many videos "blow up" after a while. But aside from that, it gives your subscribers/viewers something to watch. If they came to your channel for the initial video they saw, they might go to your channel and check out some of your other uploads and be interested in what you uploaded.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always just leave mine alone. Because just because it's not doing well now, doesn't mean in time it won't hit a sweet spot in SEO.
I do the same.
just because it's not doing well now, doesn't mean it wont do well in the future. This Goes SEO-wise but it could also be that your video is about a topic that it not "hot" at the moment, but it could be in a year or two. You never know, so just leave your videos IMO:)

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You can also get helpers for YouTube that help you work out the SEO ranking of videos and help you improve them with tag recommendations etc. I can't remember what they're called off the top of my head though!

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We usually just leave it be, we only really delete a video if we are requested. (For example an old video flashed someones skype name and asked for it to be removed.) or if we just aren't proud of the video.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Drop it. If a video gets 0 views in a week or two it's dead. It will never come back.