What camera do you use?

Sam Degenhard

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a sony a5000 but I am thinking about upgrading to a Canon t5i. What camera do you use?

ItsJustJames

Releasing my inner child since 2016
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Comparing the two cameras, the Canon 700D (T5i) is an upgrade but its debatable whether it's a upgrade worth making. The cameras are, from what I can see, fairly equal in quality within their respective brands. If you want to make a serious upgrade you need to look at full frame (35mm sensor) Canon DSLR's. These are ones such as the 6D or 5D. Possibly the 7D but don't quote me on that one.

It is however down to your personal research and judgement. The selection of lenses you'd get with the 700D is far superior to the Sony camera you use. Again, it's whether these points make it worth it for you.

Best of luck!
James.

Sam Degenhard

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I wanted to get into the Canon system because of the huge range of lenses and accessories

ItsJustJames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I wanted to get into the Canon system because of the huge range of lenses and accessories
Canon and Nikon are your market leaders. I toot Canon's horn only because that's what I started with and have now invested completely in the brand. Nikon I'm sure would do you just as good a service.

It all depends on your budget to be honest. There's no requirement for you to share that information obviously but have a look at the full range of Canon DSLR's and see where you sit in terms of budget. Compare them all and work out if it's truly worth upgrading.

James.

Todd Talks

I'm Talkin' Here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm using a Canon T6i but I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of it. It's kind of a WIP. :rolleyes:

ItsJustJames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm using a Canon T6i but I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of it. It's kind of a WIP. :rolleyes:
I'd be interested to hear why you think that? It's a great little camera; another possible for Sam to look at.

Todd Talks

I'm Talkin' Here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd be interested to hear why you think that? It's a great little camera; another possible for Sam to look at.
It is a great camera and so far I'm really loving it. The problems I have are on the operator side of things. I'm still learning how to configure it for shooting the best quality videos it's capable of.