Wanting honest opinions on my channel!

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone! My name is Kaytonix! I'm currently creating pokemon and sims 4 content! My channel just shy of being a month old! I would really love some honest feed back on my videos! Is the content entertaining? Are the thumbnails attention grabing? Anything I need to improve on? Thank you so much in advance! I feel like since my channel is young it would be the best time to fix any issues!

Mastertv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi Kaytonix. I have been checking your channel and to be honest is not bad at all having in mind it's a gaming channel. As a graphic designer i would improve the banner and the thumbnails. Keep it up!! (-;

Reactions: Kaytonix

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Let's plays are not my thing, I'm more of a scripted review person, so I can't judge on them, but first off I'm not too sure about the lenght of the intro, despite falling in the "Under 10 seconds" field I still feel there's something off with it. The other thing is that there's a discrepancy between channel picture & thumbnail design and intro & Banner. In the former there's the drawing, in the latter the red panda, I'd try to unify them.

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Kaytonix. I have been checking your channel and to be honest is not bad at all having in mind it's a gaming channel. As a graphic designer i would improve the banner and the thumbnails. Keep it up!! (-;
Thank you so much! Any direct advice on how to improve the banner and thumbnails? I currently use pixlr and pickmonkey for editing[DOUBLEPOST=1505082559,1505082299][/DOUBLEPOST]
Let's plays are not my thing, I'm more of a scripted review person, so I can't judge on them, but first off I'm not too sure about the lenght of the intro, despite falling in the "Under 10 seconds" field I still feel there's something off with it. The other thing is that there's a discrepancy between channel picture & thumbnail design and intro & Banner. In the former there's the drawing, in the latter the red panda, I'd try to unify them.
I appriciate you taking a look. Can you pinpoint more what you think is off? Most everyone I've showed the intro to thought it was cute!

Since I've chosen not to include facecam at this time I decided to include one of my favorite animals in my channels branding. The channel picture of course is myself while panda appears elsewhere as like a mascot. Does that make it make more sense? I mean I could always include my avatar with panda on the banner, but I thought that might be overkill and make it too busy

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I appriciate you taking a look. Can you pinpoint more what you think is off? Most everyone I've showed the intro to thought it was cute!
The first thing that jumps to me is that it ends very abruptly (that's the word?), a bit of fade out or crossfade to the actual video may improve it.
Since I've chosen not to include facecam at this time I decided to include one of my favorite animals in my channels branding. The channel picture of course is myself while panda appears elsewhere as like a mascot. Does that make it make more sense? I mean I could always include my avatar with panda on the banner, but I thought that might be overkill and make it too busy
It makes sense, but someone that discovers the channel from your thumbnail (that contains the avatar) and then sees the panda in the intro may get confused. Putting both can be overkinn and I agree but maybe they can be merged in a more subtle way, have the avatar wear a red panda hat perhaps?

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The first thing that jumps to me is that it ends very abruptly (that's the word?), a bit of fade out or crossfade to the actual video may improve it.

It makes sense, but someone that discovers the channel from your thumbnail (that contains the avatar) and then sees the panda in the intro may get confused. Putting both can be overkinn and I agree but maybe they can be merged in a more subtle way, have the avatar wear a red panda hat perhaps?
Eh. I'm not really a hat girl so it wouldn't be true to character lol. But thank you for your input! I'll see what I can do!

TheMoonchinKing

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it would be useful for people first coming to your channel to see what kind of content you create by including it/saying so in your banner. Currently there is no real indication. Possibly what your upload schedule is if you have one can be included as well. Adding on maybe a Sims character in the banner would be an easy indicator that is the kind of content you are creating. I like your thumbnails with your avatar and the mascot, and your titles seem good.

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it would be useful for people first coming to your channel to see what kind of content you create by including it/saying so in your banner. Currently there is no real indication. Possibly what your upload schedule is if you have one can be included as well. Adding on maybe a Sims character in the banner would be an easy indicator that is the kind of content you are creating. I like your thumbnails with your avatar and the mascot, and your titles seem good.
Oh that is a good idea! I could easily add that to the bottom of the banner! Thank you so very much!!

Reactions: TheMoonchinKing

Reide

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My biggest issue with your channel is that the fonts are too small in thumbnails. If I was to see it in recommended I would not be able to see what it says and thus that would not draw me in.

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest issue with your channel is that the fonts are too small in thumbnails. If I was to see it in recommended I would not be able to see what it says and thus that would not draw me in.
Gotcha! That's an easy fix! I'll work on revamping my thumbnails that I already have in my downtime and make sure they are larger in future thumnails :3 thank you so much for your advice![DOUBLEPOST=1505346555,1505319332][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've made an updated banner! If you have a moment do you care to take a look?

Reactions: Reide