Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I recently posted my first video of my 2 dogs, they are yorkies :) I was just wondering whether I should have music in background (like it currently has) or should I rather talk over the footage?

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is the whole thing of just the dogs? If so I would think music would be best. Unless you are going for humor then a voice over could be funny!

Reactions: Rolz

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If your video is more about humor than you don't need music in the background because the focus should be on you, background music is more for videos that are more informative and can feel a little boring without something in the background, that's just my opinion though.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks like you're taking your channel in a new direction from gaming to dogs? Am I getting that right, or was this a one off thing?
Voiceover is always a good choice. People need someone to connect with!
They might enjoy a cute dog video once, but they wont stay for more without a personality backing it all up :)

Fortyone

Reaction score
Music would be better for a humor video, but it's all in the delivery - if you're a good voiceover guy, then by all means go at it!

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks like you're taking your channel in a new direction from gaming to dogs? Am I getting that right, or was this a one off thing?
Voiceover is always a good choice. People need someone to connect with!
They might enjoy a cute dog video once, but they wont stay for more without a personality backing it all up :)
Still predominantly gaming focus, just thought I'd expand a bit into vlogs and I love my dogs :p so why not fuse the 2 ;)
Yeah watching my video again I feel its just missing something...
Thanks for your input![DOUBLEPOST=1486488784,1486488688][/DOUBLEPOST]
Music would be better for a humor video, but it's all in the delivery - if you're a good voiceover guy, then by all means go at it!
Not as good as I'd like to be but getting there! :)

Fortyone

Reaction score
You can share your work - I'm sure a couple of us will be thankful to see your approach :)

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on whats happening in the video.

There are some videos where you don't need music or talking because the visuals do all the work. But there are some cases where you need to put something in to fill that emptiness in the video.

In this case, a dog video, whats going on in it?

Are they wrestling? Are they sleeping? Are they having fun? Whats happening in the video determines how you go froward in regards to editing.

If their just chilling and not doing much or just playing, stick some funky/happy music in the background and your good to go.

But, if your dogs are fighting or trying to do something/figure something out, then a voice over is good to explain to the viewers whats going on in the video.

CubiCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What i personally prefer is music in the background and voiceover with a higher volume. This is what i did on all my video's so far.