Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on whats happening in the video.

There are some videos where you don't need music or talking because the visuals do all the work. But there are some cases where you need to put something in to fill that emptiness in the video.

In this case, a dog video, whats going on in it?

Are they wrestling? Are they sleeping? Are they having fun? Whats happening in the video determines how you go froward in regards to editing.

If their just chilling and not doing much or just playing, stick some funky/happy music in the background and your good to go.

But, if your dogs are fighting or trying to do something/figure something out, then a voice over is good to explain to the viewers whats going on in the video.
Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head! Thanks a lot Chargun! I will be bringing out another vid of them soon so I'll definitely keep in mind some of these points.

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi guys,

I recently posted my first video of my 2 dogs, they are yorkies :) I was just wondering whether I should have music in background (like it currently has) or should I rather talk over the footage?
I usually do both..the music helps fill in any awkward silence and gives my videos more life (imo) I tried to watch your videos but they are not loading..it just keeps spinning.

Reactions: CubiCraft

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually do both..the music helps fill in any awkward silence and gives my videos more life (imo) I tried to watch your videos but they are not loading..it just keeps spinning.
A lot of the big Youtubers that I watch also incorporate some music in the background! I think it helps with reducing the background noise (if audacity hasn't done that good a job). As for the videos they should be up and running!:unsure: (lol not spinning :p)

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would do music if you making those types of videos :D