Vlogging with my twin?

Sam Wolfie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm a youtuber who currently does gaming video's but I've been thinking about starting a Vlog channel with my sister. Should I start a Vlog Channel with her or should I just make one by myself. My current channel is just me and sometimes others. Any advice would be great :)

CrazyPUA

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I think it's a great idea to have a Vlog channel with your twin. It will be something different and cool.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a niece and a nephew who are twins, and they are so freaky sometimes, when they finish each others' sentences or just know what the other is going to do or say, so I find twins really interesting. I think a lot of viewers would, as well.

Reactions: CrazyPUA

Per D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends. Does your twin actually care and want to do this with you or is she/he just humoring you? Partnering up can be dangerous if one is not as passionate and/or dedicated as the other. Twin channels can be fun but make sure you're both on the same page with where you want the channel to go. If your twin is neutral or not really into it then I caution starting it WITH them. You can still start it yourself and feature them from time to time but if you start with a person then when the person leaves or becomes less active then the audience will likely lash back and accuse you of being a bad sibling/co-host. But if you just do a "featuring my twin" thing then those episodes the viewers can look forward to as special treats instead of making it the norm. With that approach if your twin's passion dwindles then it isn't a big deal, it just means that your "featuring" videos become less frequent.

I must say I am on the outside looking in and have no idea what kinda chemistry you and your twin have and thus having a joint owned channel may be fine. But because I don't know for sure I ask you err on the side of caution. Sit down and talk to your twin, make sure they're serious about this, potentially, life changing decision. Hopefully I'm not coming off as too cynical, just a bit paranoid is all! :D

Anyways, good luck!

Last edited:

CrazyPUA

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
It depends. Does your twin actually care and want to do this with you or is she/he just humoring you? Partnering up can be dangerous if one is not as passionate and/or dedicated as the other. Twin channels can be fun but make sure you're both on the same page with where you want the channel to go. If your twin is neutral or not really into it then I caution starting it WITH them. You can still start it yourself and feature them from time to time but if you start with a person then when the person leaves or becomes less active then the audience will likely lash back and accuse you of being a bad sibling/co-host. But if you just do a "featuring my twin" thing then those episodes the viewers can look forward to as special treats instead of making it the norm. With that approach if your twin's passion dwindles then it isn't a big deal, it just means that your "featuring" videos become less frequent.

I must say I am on the outside looking in and have no idea what kinda chemistry you and your twin have and thus having a joint owned channel may be fine. But because I don't know for sure I ask you err on the side of caution. Sit down and talk to your twin, make sure they're serious about this, potentially, life changing decision. Hopefully I'm not coming off as too cynical, just a bit paranoid is all! :D

Anyways, good luck!
This is really good advice and from that point of view it's necessary to be cautious! Good luck in anything you decide!