views from other web sources

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi guys when it comes to web links and how they work i am a little lost. What i want to know is when i post videos on other sites like Facebook, twitter and so on does the view count if they watch that video and does it transcend across to your view count. Or do they have to actually click on the link on the video and be sent to your you tube page for the view to actually count.

Sorry if this has already been asked but i really am wondering about this. I have uploaded a video of mine to the forum that i actually use for editing. Now the video has been watched many of times but it seems not to have made a difference much to my actual you tube count. Ok this would suggest it doesn't transcend but just wanted to make sure you tube wasn't robbing my views like they do seem to do hahahaha. Vanish , poof!

Thanx guys

TeraVex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer, Reviewer
I think... if they hit the play button it will count as a view and you don't have to watch it on the site. I'll correct myself if I'm wrong but I'm quite sure that's how it works.

Reactions: Dadrules

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think... if they hit the play button it will count as a view and you don't have to watch it on the site. I'll correct myself if I'm wrong but I'm quite sure that's how it works.
Thanx for the reply bud and yeah i was initially under that impression but i'm a little confused to if that's the case. The video am using as an example has been viewed over several hundred times but only has over 100 views actually gained on the channel. Ok i cant be sure that the people who viewed the video in the forum actually pressed play but still seems somewhat strange and unclear. Maybe if i knew how to find this info in my analytics i would know but i'm pretty much useless with all that at the moment haha

Anyway thanx for the help bud :)