Video views aren't rising?

Gilded_Overlord

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, so I was looking through my videos today and I noticed that certain videos have almost no views. I understand that some videos will of course be more popular than others, but I didn't realize there would be such a huge difference. Example: I uploaded a video this morning and it's gotten almost 40 views in one day, but I looked at one that I uploaded two weeks ago and it still has 15 views. These videos were both totally different topics and obviously, the one I uploaded today is something more people search for and that reaches a bigger audience.

But I wonder, is there anything I can do to get the view count up on certain videos that aren't as popular? Or should I just take it as a sign to not make that type of video anymore?

Also, kind of related question, subs to views ratio doesn't seem to match up sometimes. Do subscribers see ALL the videos you upload or do they not show up on the feed sometimes?
Don't get discouraged! Make playlists, make sure you have your end screen annotations set to link to other videos, make sure you have a featured video and channel ad so they will be in every viewers face no matter what video they watch. The subs to views ratio will never balance out. Sometimes you get subs who just aren't that active on youtube but your video inticed them to subscribe but they rarely get on youtube or your subs just might have so many subscriptions that they don't happen to your videos on their stream. There are tons of reasons why your subs may not be viewing your videos and it may not be you in particular its just other factors you have to consider apart from your content because i'm sure it's amazingly hollistic.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Nice question !! Actually it needs a high Power of Observation ;)

Just from your Real time window. Hover over the top peak bar and it will show you your channel peak time as shown below. Keep in mind that you need to upload just 3 hours before your peak time. However, your channel peak time depends on the source of your international audience and their peak timing(s).

Ah thats super useful, thanks! It seems my peak time is 6pm-7pm and 8pm-9pm equally, with like... 7 views LOL awkward, but at least I know when to post now!

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
my peak time is the hour I post a video. My videos do pretty well at the jump but then trail off to almost nothing sometimes after 24 or 48 hours. What's up with that?

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try to put your mind where your audience is. Make all of your videos SEO friendly to where people can just search your topic and your video will come up. Make sure you are using all the cards and annotations that you can use on your videos. You might want to up your promotion game. Use all of your social media platforms to promote your content. Hope this helps.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Make sure that your content is about things people search for.