Video Length Advice

How long videos should I upload and how frequently?

• 3-4 minute videos every day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BMHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Guys!
I'm a gaming Youtuber and I upload compilations and montages. I've been wondering if I should upload 3-4 minute videos every day or 6-7 minute videos on every 2nd day. I only have time to record this many clips for my montages. Which one do you think is better?

Last edited:

Coffee Nova

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Given your sub base right now, I would go with every other day so you don't run the risk of spamming their feed and turning people off.

Reactions: BMHD

Jacadamia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
hmmmm, if you're just starting out, I'd recommend doing shorter videos! People won't really feel all that compelled to watch your whole video if they don't even know you at all, so at least if it's shorter, you'll get more audience retention (which helps out your channel!). I'm not entirely sure if posting everyday is the best way to go though (although I'm not a gaming channel so I'm a different story and wouldn't entirely know. But i did used to do a gaming channel!).

I think sometimes making your viewers wait a little before each new video can help build up anticipation and keep them checking in on your channel to check if you've made a new one!

BMHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just started my channel a few days ago and almost nobody watches yet but I still try to do the best I can so Thank you for the advice!:)

Reactions: Jacadamia

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
would do the same thing. make videos 6-7mins every other day