Video Feedback

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,

Can you guys please help me? I need feedback on my latest video:

Please rate it out of 10, and explain why. Also, is the pacing of the video good, or does it make you want to click away at some point, is there a point where it gets boring or is it too fast at some points? Did you like the editing style? What about the humour, was there points where it made you laugh?

Thanks in advance. :)

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really got lost at the beginning of the episode. I tried to watch it but the audio was kinda quiet, I'd turn up the volume, than it would get really loud for a split second. The pictures in the video definitely need work. I can see where you're going with the cheesey fake creatures but, I think if you edit out the white background and make it a png. file, that would make it a much better quality video. That and I'm not sure what the illuminati signs and donald trump heads were doing flying around attacking you. It was all quite a bizarre video.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with Java, the audio needs a giant improvement, balancing it out, not having so many spikes and such. You need to cater your video to the audience not have the audience cater to you (IE turning down/up the volume)

Honestly if I saw the video randomly since I always have my volume at max I'd click off the first time the video spiked massively which was like 10secs into the video, which isn't good for business if viewers not sticking around to even give the plot a chance.

It's details like that which can make or break things, no matter how good a plot is if people are put off before the show even starts they'll never find out.

Spaceshipcontrol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really got lost at the beginning of the episode. I tried to watch it but the audio was kinda quiet, I'd turn up the volume, than it would get really loud for a split second.
Yes. The point of making that part overly loud was to make it oversteer, so that the audio quality becomes comedically terrible. It's called earrape. I will try out making that part seperately during the editing process, so that it is of that terrible quality that I am trying to achieve for the laughs, then add it to the video with decreased volume. It should still be a bit louder than the rest though. Also, I use increased volume combined with forced zoom to emphasize parts of a scene, like for example when I say something nonsensical or when my Groucho glasses fall off randomly. Thanks for the feedback.

The pictures in the video definitely need work.
The video quality itself is bad, I know. I don't have a better camera right now. :(

I can see where you're going with the cheesey fake creatures but, I think if you edit out the white background and make it a png. file, that would make it a much better quality video.
They are supposed to be a really terrible. It's supposed to be a parody of MonsterQuest, which has really bad CGI, and the white background is intentional. The point is that I don't even give a f**k to even remove the white background, which makes the creatures look ridiculous.
Also, if I removed the white background, you couldn't tell the creatures apart from the background

That and I'm not sure what the illuminati signs and donald trump heads were doing flying around attacking you. It was all quite a bizarre video.
Those are characters from previous videos. The Illuminati and that stickman with the white background are demons that are trying to take over. The others are just random memes and politicians, with Trump and Clinton being both at the same time.
Donald Trump is represented by his head only, because... uh...
Oh wait, you are talking about the part around 1 1/2 minutes in? That is part of the Creature Quest Intro, and is supposed to be a scene from a different CQ episode, but that episode doesn't exist yet, it is just random and doesn't connect to anything.

It's supposed to be a bit bizarre and surreal. Part of the humour I am going for is that the stuff that happens is really random and ridiculous. A good example is when I walk through the woods and then suddenly I turn around and then there is suddenly DJ Khaled randomly standing in the middle of the forest, for no reason, saying "Another one. Another one." over and over again.
That's the point. There is no reason why DJ Khaled would wait in the middle of woods, waiting for people to walk by miles away from civilization, to say "Another one." to them repeatedly.

I agree with Java, the audio needs a giant improvement, balancing it out, not having so many spikes and such. You need to cater your video to the audience not have the audience cater to you (IE turning down/up the volume)
Yes, but I still want to achieve the earrape effect of having terrible audio at certain moments. That's why I will try making that effect seperately and adding it to the video with decreased volume.

It's details like that which can make or break things, no matter how good a plot is if people are put off before the show even starts they'll never find out.
Yeah, as I said, I will try out making this in a different way.

Was there anything that you liked? Anything funny?

PS: Also, I have watched many parodies of things such as Monster Quest, and they are always really tame and moderate and inoffensive. So I decided to go completely over the top. How could I give even less of a f**k, anyways?
I mean, come on:

Last edited: