Video Editing software

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello,
Need recommendations on a good video editing software (for windows 10). I tried a few free editing softwares and it's just lagging, and exporting time taking too long and then gets stuck or the program doesn't respond. So I'm looking for a good video editing software but not too costly.

nay1995

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
as you say not too costly id say premier pro you can pay something like £7 a month for it and honestly its the best video editor out there

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What are the computer specifications & what kind of video footage are you editing? For example 8gb of ram is bad news, also 4K60fps can be hard on the system resources. I use Adobe Premiere Pro = it's costly :confused:

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
12gb of ram and I don't have a 4k monitor. I have a meditation/nature sounds and affirmation channel so I've been and was planning to upload 1-8 hour long videos but it takes too long and also exporting the complete edited file from the free softwares it gets stuck at certain %. I'm planning to invest in a good editing software but I don't want to give the same issues for 1 hour or longer videos at the time of exporting.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
currently I am editing a video of 170 1080p video clips - final video will be ~5mins long,,, chrome & firefox browsers are open too with 40 tabs total,,, RAM usage hovers between 22-32gb (64gb installed) , 10core 4.4ghz cpu, export times are fast in general unless it's a long video. Also export settings make a difference = usually I select "VBR 2 pass" Bitrate Encoding which forces the computer to use "software encoding" = slower, but if I select "VBR 1 pass" or "CBR" then it's "hardware encoding" which uses video card to accelerate export time significantly

Reactions: MyLumoLife

Rebecca34

Reaction score
به نظر من نرم افزارهای پرداخت شده Adobe Premiere Pro CC و Final Cut Pro X بهترین نرم افزارهای ویرایش ویدیو هستند.

majorieparlo

Reaction score
Website
purijankari.in
क्या हम हिंदी फोंट्स का इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं। वीडियो एडिटिंग सॉफ्टवेर की मदद से।

MyLumoLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
currently I am editing a video of 170 1080p video clips - final video will be ~5mins long,,, chrome & firefox browsers are open too with 40 tabs total,,, RAM usage hovers between 22-32gb (64gb installed) , 10core 4.4ghz cpu, export times are fast in general unless it's a long video. Also export settings make a difference = usually I select "VBR 2 pass" Bitrate Encoding which forces the computer to use "software encoding" = slower, but if I select "VBR 1 pass" or "CBR" then it's "hardware encoding" which uses video card to accelerate export time significantly
Your machine is a beast!

My laptop has latest generation IceLake CPU (i7-1065G7, 4 core/8thread)) with 16GB Ram, and I use Premiere Pro 2020 CC. Video exporting is extremely limited by the integrated GPU, meaning the GPU can be at 100%, but CPU only at 30%. Because the GPU is at 100%, the CPU throttles to 0.89 - 1.28 Ghz (it's max speed is 3.9 Ghz), due to the heat. So basically exporting takes a while, and the laptop fan does make a loud noise. I am thinking of bumping ram up to 32 GB, because when I run Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro simultaneously, along with 3 instances of Visual Studio (python programming), Firefox and Microsoft Office apps, I am almost at 16GB ram usage. I should have bought a video editing laptop with a video card that meets minimum requirements for Premiere Pro, because the integrated GPU is pathetic for video editing. :)

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I run Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro simultaneously, along with 3 instances of Visual Studio (python programming), Firefox and Microsoft Office apps, I am almost at 16GB ram usage
:eek: I think the laptop would be eating more RAM if it was available. I just opened Chrome & Firefox 25 tabs each & RAM is already at 12.3gb, now went back to editing a short 1080p music video in Premiere Pro & RAM usage shot up to 22gb, opening Photoshop & a game it jumps slightly to 25gb but I have seen it go to 40gb+. Custom built or assembled(custom order) Desktop is of course the best choice for heavy usage = way better cooling options & relatively easy component upgradability ........ BUT can get complicated/confusing if putting it together yourself.

Reactions: MyLumoLife