Video Editing software

Hello,
Need recommendations on a good video editing software (for windows 10). I tried a few free editing softwares and it's just lagging, and exporting time taking too long and then gets stuck or the program doesn't respond. So I'm looking for a good video editing software but not too costly.

as you say not too costly id say premier pro you can pay something like £7 a month for it and honestly its the best video editor out there

What are the computer specifications & what kind of video footage are you editing? For example 8gb of ram is bad news, also 4K60fps can be hard on the system resources. I use Adobe Premiere Pro = it's costly :confused:

12gb of ram and I don't have a 4k monitor. I have a meditation/nature sounds and affirmation channel so I've been and was planning to upload 1-8 hour long videos but it takes too long and also exporting the complete edited file from the free softwares it gets stuck at certain %. I'm planning to invest in a good editing software but I don't want to give the same issues for 1 hour or longer videos at the time of exporting.

currently I am editing a video of 170 1080p video clips - final video will be ~5mins long,,, chrome & firefox browsers are open too with 40 tabs total,,, RAM usage hovers between 22-32gb (64gb installed) , 10core 4.4ghz cpu, export times are fast in general unless it's a long video. Also export settings make a difference = usually I select "VBR 2 pass" Bitrate Encoding which forces the computer to use "software encoding" = slower, but if I select "VBR 1 pass" or "CBR" then it's "hardware encoding" which uses video card to accelerate export time significantly

به نظر من نرم افزارهای پرداخت شده Adobe Premiere Pro CC و Final Cut Pro X بهترین نرم افزارهای ویرایش ویدیو هستند.

क्या हम हिंदी फोंट्स का इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं। वीडियो एडिटिंग सॉफ्टवेर की मदद से।

currently I am editing a video of 170 1080p video clips - final video will be ~5mins long,,, chrome & firefox browsers are open too with 40 tabs total,,, RAM usage hovers between 22-32gb (64gb installed) , 10core 4.4ghz cpu, export times are fast in general unless it's a long video. Also export settings make a difference = usually I select "VBR 2 pass" Bitrate Encoding which forces the computer to use "software encoding" = slower, but if I select "VBR 1 pass" or "CBR" then it's "hardware encoding" which uses video card to accelerate export time significantly

Your machine is a beast!

My laptop has latest generation IceLake CPU (i7-1065G7, 4 core/8thread)) with 16GB Ram, and I use Premiere Pro 2020 CC. Video exporting is extremely limited by the integrated GPU, meaning the GPU can be at 100%, but CPU only at 30%. Because the GPU is at 100%, the CPU throttles to 0.89 - 1.28 Ghz (it's max speed is 3.9 Ghz), due to the heat. So basically exporting takes a while, and the laptop fan does make a loud noise. I am thinking of bumping ram up to 32 GB, because when I run Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro simultaneously, along with 3 instances of Visual Studio (python programming), Firefox and Microsoft Office apps, I am almost at 16GB ram usage. I should have bought a video editing laptop with a video card that meets minimum requirements for Premiere Pro, because the integrated GPU is pathetic for video editing. :)

I run Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro simultaneously, along with 3 instances of Visual Studio (python programming), Firefox and Microsoft Office apps, I am almost at 16GB ram usage
:eek: I think the laptop would be eating more RAM if it was available. I just opened Chrome & Firefox 25 tabs each & RAM is already at 12.3gb, now went back to editing a short 1080p music video in Premiere Pro & RAM usage shot up to 22gb, opening Photoshop & a game it jumps slightly to 25gb but I have seen it go to 40gb+. Custom built or assembled(custom order) Desktop is of course the best choice for heavy usage = way better cooling options & relatively easy component upgradability ........ BUT can get complicated/confusing if putting it together yourself.

Back