Video Editing Software

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Hey there,

I've been looking around for some low budget editing software. I've been using lightworks and I've got really comfortable with using it, however, I feel like I could do with something that has a bit more "oomf". Such as like better FX's and if I could get something where the exporting doesn't crash.

I was looking at something like cyberlink powerdirector? Anyone have any opinions on this software?

Thanks in advance,

QP

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
I've just got a trial for Vegas Pro, it's so good, if only it was like £300 for the full version :(

GroovyMotion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hey there,

I've been looking around for some low budget editing software. I've been using lightworks and I've got really comfortable with using it, however, I feel like I could do with something that has a bit more "oomf". Such as like better FX's and if I could get something where the exporting doesn't crash.

I was looking at something like cyberlink powerdirector? Anyone have any opinions on this software?

Thanks in advance,

QP
Did you try DaVinci Resolve? It's free, very powerful (Retime tool, colour grading...) and GPU accelerated, it isn't RAM dependant. I used HitFilm Express for a while but after learning Resolve, I just use that! Only drawback is that since it is high end, it doesn't read AVI and other old formats.

Reactions: Quirkypoo

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Did you try DaVinci Resolve? It's free, very powerful (Retime tool, colour grading...) and GPU accelerated, it isn't RAM dependant. I used HitFilm Express for a while but after learning Resolve, I just use that! Only drawback is that since it is high end, it doesn't read AVI and other old formats.
I'll definitely give that a go! I'm sure I've seen that software being mentioneda few times. Cheers! :)

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey dude!

I was using Microsoft Movie Maker. Microsoft doesn't even support it anymore, and it's not available for download any longer, but I still have the installer. :). Movie Maker is very basic, but also very easy to use. The problem with it was that it degraded the quality of the video that I would take with my Sony camcorder. For some reason Movie Maker just couldn't seem to handle the MTS video format very well. It might have to do with the video codec it uses, but I'm not sure. Also when I created a lot of splice points during video editing they would look great when watching the video through movie maker, but after creating the output MP4 video the splice points would be off, ruining the editing I had done.

I used the free version of Lightworks, but in the free version the output resolution is limited to 720p. Not the 1080p of the original video.

So, I searched around for a quality editing tool. It didn't matter to me whether it was free or paid. As long as it was good. I read good reviews about CyberLink PowerDirector 15 which is CyberLink's latest version. So I slid on over to Amazon and made my purchase. For some reason if you buy the physical boxed CD it's cheaper than the digital download by like $25.00 I think it was.

Anyway, I got the CD in the mail and installed PowerDirector 15. I freakin' love it! It's easy to use, and I feel it's very intuitive to learn. It has lots of great effects for adding really sharp looking titles and text to videos. The best part is that the output video is of the same quality as the original source footage and the edit points are exactly where I want them to be. Super sweet! :).

There's several levels to the product. Each level has additional features. I bought the Ultra edition which was about $43.00 with shipping included. I just checked and it's still that price on Amazon right now.

I like PowerDirector 15. It does everything I needed it to do and more. You can also edit 360 degree videos with it if you're into that kinda sorta thing. :).

Take care my dude!

Drawingkids

Reaction score
Try to use Wondershare Filmora, its easy to use and have all what you need :)
Check on youtube for more info ;)

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
When i first started youtube i used Wondershare, it's absolutely great & you can do heaps of things on there :)

Neil_Hines

Reaction score
For Video Editing what I know and working its Adobe After Effect and Adobe Premiere Pro. Both are really great software for Video Editing. Hope you will also like this software.

CaranoJeena

Reaction score
Does your company need semantic and instance segmentation? An outsourcing team can provide you with semantic and instance segmentation services. The first involves classifying image pixels into semantic classes, e.g., pedestrians or vehicles. Instance segmentation categorizes image pixels into instances, i.e., the algorithm won’t recognize classes but will identify when and where objects overlap. All this you will be able to find by the following link! Source: https://www.cvatannotation.com/