Very disappointed with Pewdiepie and his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty certain a lot to most of these toy channels are violating United States child labor laws in one way or another.

And no I have no kids and never will. However I do have a 2 year old niece and I would certainly disapprove strongly of if my sister-in-law and my brother would start doing this crap.

And don't give me the jealousy excuse, as much as I don't like Pewd's normal content I'm pretty damn sure he's a bit concerned about the well-being of some of these child stars on YouTube by their parents. As a kid, you're supposed to enjoy yourself growing up and having fun, not being ushered to some form of work for YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1484160017,1484159801][/DOUBLEPOST]
Absolutely uncalled for! When I see these types of comments, especially on children's channels such as yours, I become indignant. There are lots of immature, jealous people out there, from all ages. I'd suggest filtering and only showing approved comments, but with your volume of views you'd never have time to do anything else! :)

Yea, censoring out criticism is a wonderful idea. :rolleyes:[DOUBLEPOST=1484160186][/DOUBLEPOST]
I feel for you guys. We're starting to get consistent hate too. If it was me in your case I would sue him for defamation and loss of income and emotional distress. I said from the start hatred should not be tolerated, especially unfounded allegations that affect your business. Sue him.

That won't fly in court without acceptable proof and most cases of defamation or emotional distress tend to get dismissed because of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1484160461][/DOUBLEPOST]
I see all of their new videos are being dislike bombed.

All of Ryan's Toy Review videos have more dislikes than likes.

Dislikes don't matter to YouTube. It's still engagement to the system.

I'm pretty certain a lot to most of these toy channels are violating United States child labor laws in one way or another.

And no I have no kids and never will. However I do have a 2 year old niece and I would certainly disapprove strongly of if my sister-in-law and my brother would start doing this crap.

And don't give me the jealousy excuse, as much as I don't like Pewd's normal content I'm pretty damn sure he's a bit concerned about the well-being of some of these child stars on YouTube by their parents. As a kid, you're supposed to enjoy yourself growing up and having fun, not being ushered to some form of work for YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1484160017,1484159801][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yea, censoring out criticism is a wonderful idea. :rolleyes:[DOUBLEPOST=1484160186][/DOUBLEPOST]

That won't fly in court without acceptable proof and most cases of defamation or emotional distress tend to get dismissed because of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1484160461][/DOUBLEPOST]

Dislikes don't matter to YouTube. It's still engagement to the system.

Maybe so. The point is we don't know what goes on when the camera is not rolling. We can't assume they are "forcing" him to be on camera like how the video made it sound like. Parents can bond in different ways with their child like going fishing or taking them to see a movie. Maybe making videos allows them to bond and good for them to be able to make money while doing so! The kid is set financially for the future! Who are we to judge? RTR even saids they made videos together for a while before even knowing you can make money. Saying that making video with their kids is crap is an insult to hundreds of other channels out there. There's lots of things people don't agree on, no need to use hurtful words. How do you know kids don't enjoy making videos and not having fun? Sorry if this comes off as mean, but I just think people are too judgmental to others. I don't have kids myself, I just think if parents want too make videos with their children, that's their business. No hate.

Also PewDiePie could have address the issue if he was really concern as a whole and not attack one certain channel. He could say he's concern about the situation of kid YouTubers without sending hate trolls to attack them. Yes he never said to hate on the channel, but he knows his fans are the most engaged audience!

Last edited:
As for the botting thing, I've check out other little kids channels that are similar to theirs like CKN Toys, TheEngineeringFamily, New Sky Kids....Hulyan Maya.....they all seems to have similar ratio of views/comments/likes. You can't compare an adult channel to little kids channel. All PewDiePie had to do was some research before dissing them. Now everyone thinks they are viewbotting. Ignorant (sorry again if this comes off as mean) if people think RTR can have one of the highest views channels months after months, but somehow Google/YouTube didn't look into it. That channel would have been shut down a lot time ago. Unless there's a secret kids club botting program we don't know about that's funded by YouTube!

Last edited:
I started The Race Grooves Weekend Show three months ago. It is a way for me to recap the week and talk about current topics. While I am considered a toy (cars) channel, I am evolving and giving current products less exposure.

In my recent episode, I talked about this situation with Pewdiepie. It is buried in the last segment as I want to target my audience. My particular points were that it was unfair for Felix to make claims of botting based on views. As a toy channel myself with lots of kids watching, I know very well that smaller kids don't post comments and when they do, it is jibberish. I suspect they are playing with the screen and wind up opening the commenting function.

I also point out specific comments that were posted on RTR how people refer to themselves as the "army". I stated that it is wreckless for viewers to be targeting another channel based on another creator's video. I should hope that my viewers aren't participating in this behavior. I also let it be known that I do not tolerate this on my channel and I freely delete, ban and block people.

I did give blame to YouTube for their algorithm which has unfairly promoted RTR. When you do a search for Hot Wheels and RTR yields more results on the front page than my channel, that is something to be looked at.

I also mentioned that RTR is yet another channel that stuffs their titles, descriptions and tags with keywords. Many would agree that this is taking advantage of the algorithm and is something that YouTube should address.

Regarding labor laws and making kids work, people should look up what that means before they make accusations. They tend to deal with working conditions and the number of hours worked. I'm sure that RTR is nowhere near violating any or those guidelines.

With Felix knowing how many of his viewers are likely to misbehave, it was a bad choice for him to make uneducated points in his video. Claiming that he was doing a character does not make him immune to responsibility and possibly liability for harm caused including financial damages.

Last edited:
Maybe so. The point is we don't know what goes on when the camera is not rolling. We can't assume they are "forcing" him to be on camera like how the video made it sound like. Parents can bond in different ways with their child like going fishing or taking them to see a movie. Maybe making videos allows them to bond and good for them to be able to make money while doing so! The kid is set financially for the future! Who are we to judge? RTR even saids they made videos together for a while before even knowing you can make money. Saying that making video with their kids is crap is an insult to hundreds of other channels out there. There's lots of things people don't agree on, no need to use hurtful words. How do you know kids don't enjoy making videos and not having fun? Sorry if this comes off as mean, but I just think people are too judgmental to others. I don't have kids myself, I just think if parents want too make videos with their children, that's their business. No hate.

Also PewDiePie could have address the issue if he was really concern as a whole and not attack one certain channel. He could say he's concern about the situation of kid YouTubers without sending hate trolls to attack them. Yes he never said to hate on the channel, but he knows his fans are the most engaged audience!

Anyone with an opinion should be able to judge, especially if it is publicly posted on the internet, they automatically subject themselves to criticism. It doesn't matter if the kids willingly/enjoy doing this or not. Kids love playing with toys, so obviously they will want to. The main argument here is the exploitation. As I have posted earlier in this thread, parents are still exploiting their kids by running these channels. It may not be as bad as a sweatshop, but it is still exploitation for money.

Yea, censoring out criticism is a wonderful idea. :rolleyes:
Criticism is one thing...I was referring to the fact that hateful, horrifying comments left under videos little kids watch is inappropriate, especially those directed at the child in the video, as well as those meant just to be malicious attacks. I've also seen replies to comments suggesting terrible things I can't even mention. Like I said, uncalled for!

Last edited:
Anyone with an opinion should be able to judge, especially if it is publicly posted on the internet, they automatically subject themselves to criticism. It doesn't matter if the kids willingly/enjoy doing this or not. Kids love playing with toys, so obviously they will want to. The main argument here is the exploitation. As I have posted earlier in this thread, parents are still exploiting their kids by running these channels. It may not be as bad as a sweatshop, but it is still exploitation for money.

I'm not saying you can't state your option, that's what the forum is for totally! The problem is accusing people of something without knowing all the facts. PewDiePie (character or not) knows well his fan base are very involved! He accused them of viewbotting, forcing their child to make videos, and keeping all the money to themselves! I looked up child labor laws in NY (can't find California for some reason). It stated children 2-5 years old, max hours on set per day is 6hrs with maximum 3hrs working per work day. I doubt they are working over 3hrs every day making videos. Their videos are not high tech. If I have to guess, 1 hr per video max. That's about 7hrs per week! That's no where near breaking any sort of child labor law hours. Again for the exploitation part, that means no child under 18 should be able to be on any sort of media.Children should be ban from all form of media then! No tv, no movie, no radio! Why is it okay for other media, but not YouTube? Again if Felix was truly concerns, why sent hate to that one channel? There are hundreds of other channel out there doing the same thing! (I've seen worst kids channel, that I will not mention) He could generalize his concerns and do some research!

Last edited:
Actually, I don't think they are. Here's the exemptions from the USA child labor laws:

Exemptions from the Child Labor Provisions of the FLSA

The federal child labor provisions do not apply to:

• Children 16- and 17 years of age employed by their parents in occupations other than those declared hazardous by the Secretary of Labor.
  • Children under 16 years of age employed by their parents in occupations other than manufacturing or mining, or occupations declared hazardous by the Secretary of Labor.
  • Children employed as actors or performers in motion pictures, theatrical, radio or television productions.
  • Children engaged in the delivery of newspapers to the consumer.
  • Homeworkers engaged in the making of wreaths composed principally of natural holly, pine, cedar, or other evergreens (including the harvesting of the evergreens).
Taken from
https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/childlabor101_text.htm

I'd say YouTube toy review channels fit two of these "exempt" bullets -- the 2nd and 3rd. ^_^

Yes I know that. Maybe my post wasn't clear by I was wondering aloud if that would happen or not as we don't know what will happen to most people on YouTube regardless of age as it's still relatively new
Actually the first generation of YouTube kids are now in their teens so we do have some idea of what is going to happen. While some of them find their tiny selves to be cringey, a lot of them are still interested in making videos. The type of video has changed for a lot of them. For instance my daughter isn't into making doll review videos anymore, but she likes doing other types of videos.

As for the bullying, we haven't experienced that. There's been a bit of "fake friends" because of youtube, but she's really good at spotting those folks right away.

And there are some kids who have had really bad experiences, which I believe are cautionary tales for any parent who is not keeping their child's best interests in mind at all times. Look up Namantha Suxx to hear her really sad story. I find it wonderful though that she has returned to YouTube doing her own thing :)

Actually the first generation of YouTube kids are now in their teens so we do have some idea of what is going to happen. While some of them find their tiny selves to be cringey, a lot of them are still interested in making videos. The type of video has changed for a lot of them. For instance my daughter isn't into making doll review videos anymore, but she likes doing other types of videos.

As for the bullying, we haven't experienced that. There's been a bit of "fake friends" because of youtube, but she's really good at spotting those folks right away.

And there are some kids who have had really bad experiences, which I believe are cautionary tales for any parent who is not keeping their child's best interests in mind at all times. Look up Namantha Suxx to hear her really sad story. I find it wonderful though that she has returned to YouTube doing her own thing :)
Well I didn't know that actually I never used YouTube until 2015. I actually don't watch anything but friends videos so I never heard of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back