Very disappointed with Pewdiepie and his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a lot of people that watched him didn't think so? I get that it's his humor, but RTR been getting a lot of hate comments/dislikes and even emailed! People think they viewbots and force their son to make videos.
One man cannot be responsible for the actions of the many.
Tbh it's obvious viewbotting, those stats just make no sense.

Hmm... I'm trying to remember when I first learned how to type cohesive sentences with a keyboard. Even though I'm older, I've had a computer in my house my entire life because my dad is (well..was. He's retired now.) a computer fix-it guy -- so I'm assuming my childhood isn't too technologically different from what kids have nowadays regarding the use of a keyboard.

Even with playing loads of "learn how to type" games when I was 3 - 6 years old, I didn't start using the keyboard somewhat regularly until I started experimenting with making my own HTML sites when I was about 7 - 8, and even more so once I discovered IRC chat when I was about 8 - 9. School started to require us to type (or hand-write in blue or black ink if you didn't have access to a computer) final reports when I was in 4th grade (that would have been when I was 8), and I always picked the typing option because at that point I thought it was easier and faster than handwriting.

I can't imagine kids younger than 5 (often a targeted age for a lot of the toy channel videos) being able to type and leave lots of comments on videos. I became pretty good at touch-typing between the ages 8 to 10 years old. Prior to that, I tried to avoid keyboard-needed things as much as I could because I took forever trying to hunt and find all the stupid letters. lol.

Because of that, I still don't think those channels achieved their success with view robots. Google would have shut down something like that ages ago, and I doubt all of those little kids can type up comments, let alone understand the submit button. They can watch a playlist, and perhaps they can poke a replay button, but I don't think they can type... :eek: Maybe infants are now being taught how to type as they learn how to speak and hand write, but I can relate (and I suspect a lot of other kids can relate) to not typing until I was older...

One man cannot be responsible for the actions of the many.
Tbh it's obvious viewbotting, those stats just make no sense.
It's blatantly obvious viewbotting, anyone who says otherwise is ignorant.
Again you actually think a channel with that size of views weeks after weeks and YouTube haven't catch on or haven't done some investigating on the viewbot situation? I still think it was wrong of him to falsely accuse them of such thing....

Again you actually think a channel with that size of views weeks after weeks and YouTube haven't catch on or haven't done some investigating on the viewbot situation?
There are ways to have legal views that are bought / earned... The stats don't lie mate. A one million view having similar stats to a video having one tenth of that number, alongside with the abysmal attention rating the videos get... wouldn't surprise me in the least.

There are ways to have legal views that are bought / earned... The stats don't lie mate. A one million view having similar stats to a video having one tenth of that number, alongside with the abysmal attention rating the videos get... wouldn't surprise me in the least.

QUOTE="Skeltano, post: 2135203, member: 39709"]What he said, not all types of viewbotting are against the ToS, there are loopholes.[/QUOTE]

if it's legal then that's the problem? People use Adwords all the time to "buy" views. What's wrong with that? That's how google/youtube make money! If it's legal and other channel can do it, why can't they? Are they buying too much views? Is there a limit on how much legal views you can buy before people think badly of you? Is there a legal buying guide somewhere that said if you go over a certain amount, the community will think negative thoughts about your channel? ( I'm not saying that they are buying views, I'm just saying if it's legal, then they are not breaking any TOS right? ) You can't compare adult viewing habits to little kids....like many people mention before, little kids can't read or type, they don't know what thumbs up even mean. Do you have kids? little 3 year old brother? Little cousin? Just observe them and see how often they comment on a video. Have you check out other little kids channels stats? They are pretty much the same ratio of views to likes. Why are they viewbotting on such stat when other kids toy channel have the same stat? Do all of them viewbot? Is there a botting kids club that's funded by YouTube we don't know about?

Last edited:
What he said, not all types of viewbotting are against the ToS, there are loopholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back