Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok so on a scale of 1-10 im like 4 four. I am not an idiot at it just highly unexperienced. Following and stuff lik that I get. tweeting and dming but when it comes to actually using it successfully. I had a friend that used it and gained about 3000 legit subs in about 1-2 months. I don't want to do this but I was just wondering.... how. If I could branch out and be part of a community or make a community then i'd love it but I don't know how to just connect with people
Code:
https://twitter.com/Honkie_kun
on twitter.
Just so you can see it. Any advice?

Reactions: KiddoWave

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's all about networking and activity. You've gotta talk to people, find hashtags that are trending and follow those trends. Use it at least once or twice a day, because you'll gain more followers if they know they're getting something new. I've gained lots of followers simply by tweeting YouTubers they're also fans of.

But ultimately, it takes time. Time and patience and luck!

BrotoNBA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I built up a following of like 600 people just by mass followings, but I wouldn't do that because my account got disabled lol You can however slowly follow people similar and get them to follow back. I have an app that will then unfollow anyone who didn't follow you, so it doesn't look like you follow millions of people.

I hate getting on twitter though. I feel like a witty tweet is harder than making an actual video. Can't wait til I can higher a media person :p

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's all about networking and activity. You've gotta talk to people, find hashtags that are trending and follow those trends. Use it at least once or twice a day, because you'll gain more followers if they know they're getting something new. I've gained lots of followers simply by tweeting YouTubers they're also fans of.

This is good advice. We've built up a following of 42K on Twitter, but it's taken a good number of years to get there. Much of it was gained by lots of interaction with like-minded people/brands. It's also helped that we are (or were, I haven't checked lately.) one of the top five search results when you search 'horror' on Twitter.

I'll also add that people like pictures on Twitter almost as much as they do on Instagram. We've found that the interaction with our tweets is much higher when we include a relevant picture.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

TheKirkyLife

The Real James T. Kirk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Case in point, I had not just one but TWO responses from the EA Star Wars Twitter account since I'll be playing their latest game, Battlefront. Now, that many not get me anywhere but at least I got an account with plenty of followers to tweet at me :)

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Being on Twitter is easy, but Networking? A bit harder. Trending hashtags are your friends, along with just talking to people about similar topics and interests!
well I have tried that but it's kinda hard when nothing relates to what I do xD I mean one was one directions new album and life as a four year old. How am I meant to do that xD[DOUBLEPOST=1447344957,1447344906][/DOUBLEPOST]

so get into what they are all into? all this is helping btw xD it helps so much I have almost 100 I know its pathetic but I like to know that networking is hard :)

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well I have tried that but it's kinda hard when nothing relates to what I do xD I mean one was one directions new album and life as a four year old. How am I meant to do that xD
It doesn't have to be a trending topic, IMO, you could search on hashtags that are relevant to your channel and get involved with discussions on those topics. Trending topics have the biggest audience, but if they're not relevant to what you do it's not really going to connect you to people in the same arena as you.

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well I have tried that but it's kinda hard when nothing relates to what I do xD I mean one was one directions new album and life as a four year old. How am I meant to do that xD[DOUBLEPOST=1447344957,1447344906][/DOUBLEPOST]
so get into what they are all into? all this is helping btw xD it helps so much I have almost 100 I know its pathetic but I like to know that networking is hard :)
You clearly missed #YoutubeFandomHonestyHour which I was LIVING for. Also trending topics, like each week I tweet about Doctor Who when I'm watching it and favourite other peoples tweets :') I'm not doing it to "network" but just to use Twitter the way it was intended and its great :D

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It doesn't have to be a trending topic, IMO, you could search on hashtags that are relevant to your channel and get involved with discussions on those topics. Trending topics have the biggest audience, but if they're not relevant to what you do it's not really going to connect you to people in the same arena as you.
that's true i'll try but I forget all the while xD I love talking to people but I am really forgetful ;-;[DOUBLEPOST=1447348357,1447348266][/DOUBLEPOST]
You clearly missed #YoutubeFandomHonestyHour which I was LIVING for. Also trending topics, like each week I tweet about Doctor Who when I'm watching it and favourite other peoples tweets :') I'm not doing it to "network" but just to use Twitter the way it was intended and its great :D
thanks for helping I mean I could do stuff like that but I don't watch stuff like that as too I am constantly at university for I am finishing my masters course and its a lil bit hard to have spare time whilst doing that :c I barely am able to record xD

Reactions: KiddoWave