Thoughts on YouTube Red?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
As a viewer there are many features on YT red that are useful.. but what about as a youtuber? Any advantage to having youtube red as someone who makes videos? is it worth it ?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I wouldn't put much thought on Youtube Red when you're still growing. Let YouTube handle how they will showcase your videos on that platform. Right now, it's essentially only beneficial to those that actually have YouTube Red shows produced by YouTube themselves.

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Yeah youtube Red is more for people who have there show funded as a creator, but as a watcher I think is good you get some exclusive stuff tough and well you get to see offline stuff so yeah

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Youtube red doesn't really add anything for content creators unless they are paying for a show from you.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Got it, thanks for the replies! Conclusion: not worth it, won't be paying for youtube red

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube red is going to save you time when watching YouTube videos. No more ads. But I am not bothering with it. This hobby costs enough already, and I have all the content I need in the form of Netflix and Amazon Prime that I really don't need YouTube Red with it as well.

dech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I listen to a lot of youtube while at work, red keeps me from having to pop up my browser and skip an add. Worth it for me.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I took the free trial to see if there was anything special I was missing in terms of exclusive content to watch. So far, I haven't found anything too great.