Thoughts on Singers/Songwriters on YouTube

Rehannah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So what do you all think about the YouTubers that do YouTube covers and get famous? Or what about the ones that aren't famous yet? What do you all suggest they do?
What about those who think they aren't good enough and therefore don't put up anymore videos?
Also do you all know any sites to get noticed for your talents?

I find that lately a lot of talented people are holding their talent back and not pursuing what they are clearly good at. I think more people should use the talent they were born with instead of thinking that they aren't good enough or that no one will notice because they will.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'd personally prefer to see people doing more orginial music on YouTube rather than covers. As for people holding back, they just gotta put themselves out there and if they're good enough an audience will find them.

Zachary Thomas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
Youtube cover artist are mostly just strategy, a few exceptions do apply though. Cover popular songs, people are looking for those popular songs, get views. That's why they all cover the same songs. But I agree as stated above covers are fine but I wanna hear things that they wrote.[DOUBLEPOST=1448673680,1448673645][/DOUBLEPOST]Youtube cover artist are mostly just strategy, a few exceptions do apply though. Cover popular songs, people are looking for those popular songs, get views. That's why they all cover the same songs. But I agree as stated above covers are fine but I wanna hear things that they wrote.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Youtube cover artist are mostly just strategy, a few exceptions do apply though. Cover popular songs, people are looking for those popular songs, get views. That's why they all cover the same songs. But I agree as stated above covers are fine but I wanna hear things that they wrote.[DOUBLEPOST=1448673680,1448673645][/DOUBLEPOST]Youtube cover artist are mostly just strategy, a few exceptions do apply though. Cover popular songs, people are looking for those popular songs, get views. That's why they all cover the same songs. But I agree as stated above covers are fine but I wanna hear things that they wrote.
Hence work I'm working on covers, get them to my channel and then some will hear the originals I've written.

Zachary Thomas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
Yeah, cover the latest hit or a known popular song. Not a random underground jazz song :cautious2:
Well I mean, I cover popular songs, but only if I like them. I refuse to let my audience listen to something I wouldn't.

Reactions: MattyGreen

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
There is only a few amazing singers. Alot of people use a tad bit tuning in there voice and if its not natural then i dont see why u should get a record deal

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Original songs are quite nice but to get the recognision I would advise covers. People are not gonna type in a random title to a song they don't know but they would search for: Example: "Let It Go cover"