Thinking of changing my channel name

Hyper Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello

I am thinking of changing my channel name to make the channel standout better on YouTube, the reason why I am thinking of changing my channel name is that there is tons of other Hyper Gaming channels (1030 to be exact) if you search HyperGaming and over 7000 if you search Hyper Gaming under the channel filter.

Due to the amount of Youtube channels that are using the same name as the channel I have, I think it will prevent the channel to grow as well as I originally intended, this is because my channel will be covered up by hundreds upon hundreds of other channels with the same name.

I was wondering if there is any advice you can give me on how I can come up with a better name than Hyper Gaming and come up with a name which is unique, what people can remember easily and a channel name that stands out from the other Youtube channels

For people wanting to help me come up with a better name for my channel I focus on

• Gameplay videos
  • Xbox One, Playstation 4 and the PC
  • Weekly Content
Thanks
Hyper Gaming

Going Evil

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know what to suggest but don't put numbers in your name. Numbers in your name make a look like a 31373 H8X0R. Nobody likes those type of people. Don't put all caps in your name either. Other than that, good luck!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Your videos are the one's who is going to matter, who would search your channel name? Your name could be "SquirrelDancesWithABeaver" and no one will find your videos or your name guaranteed. Point being, if your videos get big enough, your name will always come up first or people will subscribe and see your videos anyway. Channel name isn't a deal breaker.

Reactions: Hyper Gaming

Hyper Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your videos are the one's who is going to matter, who would search your channel name? Your name could be "SquirrelDancesWithABeaver" and no one will find your videos or your name guaranteed. Point being, if your videos get big enough, your name will always come up first or people will subscribe and see your videos anyway. Channel name isn't a deal breaker.
Thanks for the assist, I have decided to drop the idea of changing the name and focus on improving the brand of the channel; this includes working on brand new videos and improving the look and feel of the channel, especially when the channel is starting to pick up with around 40-80 views on a daily basis with some days now 100+, I don't want to take the risk on breaking what I have achieved so far.

Reactions: iMSaiyan