Take A Picture of Your Recording Setup :)

Samantha Brown

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
My forever expanding setup has just grown again.

I've added a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 (US Mac Edition). I also brought my microphone scissor arm down to Southampton to join the setup.

Blue Yeti Mic + Scissor Arm

This setup is doing me nicely for live streaming to Twitch at the moment, but I'm getting some o-rings to dampen the sound of the keyboard.
Hello,
Do you have a special kind of scissor arm for your yeti? I`m looking to buy an arm for my blue yeti but i`m afraid a cheap one cant handle the weight of the yeti, but i dont feel like spending tons on a rode scissors arm if i dont have to either ;).

Would like to know what kind of arm you have and your experience with it and the blue yeti. thank you very much.

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hello,
Do you have a special kind of scissor arm for your yeti? I`m looking to buy an arm for my blue yeti but i`m afraid a cheap one cant handle the weight of the yeti, but i dont feel like spending tons on a rode scissors arm if i dont have to either ;).

Would like to know what kind of arm you have and your experience with it and the blue yeti. thank you very much.
I have one the same as this, except I bought it in the local Maplin.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/OneGeek-Adjustable-Microphone-Broadcast-Suspension/dp/B00KKPRR2O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425396260&sr=8-2&keywords=microphone+desk+mount

It works fine, moves up, down, left right, forward and backwards. Holds the weight fine. The microphone has never started to 'sink' down. I leave it around 1cm above my iMac screen so I would notice if it moved by itself.

Because of the 'clamp' style holding to the desk, sometimes it can come loose when moving the microphone around so I'm tempted to use the 'hole in the desk' mount instead which mine came with. But it works nicely as long as you don't move the microphone loads. Find a location and leave it there. I only move my microphone when I know I'm not going to be using it for a while or if people comment saying they can here my keyboard.

Reactions: Samantha Brown

Samantha Brown

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I have one the same as this, except I bought it in the local Maplin.

It works fine, moves up, down, left right, forward and backwards. Holds the weight fine. The microphone has never started to 'sink' down. I leave it around 1cm above my iMac screen so I would notice if it moved by itself.

Because of the 'clamp' style holding to the desk, sometimes it can come loose when moving the microphone around so I'm tempted to use the 'hole in the desk' mount instead which mine came with. But it works nicely as long as you don't move the microphone loads. Find a location and leave it there. I only move my microphone when I know I'm not going to be using it for a while or if people comment saying they can here my keyboard.
Wow, thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for :angel:, thats 75% off the price of the rode arm I thought I had to buy. You`re the man! Thank you for all your detailed info, it is very appreciated.

Andrew Flint

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Wow, thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for :angel:, thats 75% off the price of the rode arm I thought I had to buy. You`re the man! Thank you for all your detailed info, it is very appreciated.
No problem :) I suggest getting a slightly longer cable for the yeti as well because you will want to wrap the cable around the stand. Otherwise it just gets in the way when you're moving it around. 2 or 3 metres would be best. The cable doesn't cost much either.

Reactions: Samantha Brown

Andrew Flint

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
New home setup is coming soon! I've built the desk and something extra special which is going to really up my home studio/editing suite's look, feel and sound. Really excited with how this new setup is going to look once my iMac is back home. I'll be able to show pictures in 2 weeks once I get home from Uni for the easter holidays.

GreyStreetGirl

Blue Haired Chubby Kid
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was going to crudely draw a jokingly-bad set up in MS paint until I realized I was on a mac.

Reactions: JeriKane

Andrew Flint

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
So I said around a week ago that the new setup picture would be coming soon. Well, it's here.

I bought some speaker stands to replace my speaker isolation pads, got a new desk, so instead of having both my TV and my iMac on the same desk the TV is on a set of draws and the iMac has it's own space.

Personally I think it looks really clean, professional and it a really nice workspace for me. I can write essays, chill and most importantly edit without distractions using this setup. Having all the extra room where my speakers used to be is really nice as well because I can put things to the side of the iMac instead of underneath it.

2015-03-24 08.48.06 1.jpg

Since taking the photograph, I've hidden the cables that are hanging down underneath the desk as it has a built-in cable trunk/holder. And, I've also put my laptop case (to the right of the desk) into one of the 2 draws which the desk has.

Full Setup:
Late 2012 iMac (the superthin one), max spec.
Late 2014 Macbook Pro Retina (13 inch, base spec)
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Keyboard (Mac US Edition)
Razer Deathadder 2013
Razer Golithus Control (Extended Edition)
Blue Yeti Microphone
Anker 13 Port USB3 Hub
Western Digital 1TB USB2 External HD
2x's KRK Rokit RP5 G3's
2x's Gorilla Stands (Monitor Stands)
Standard desk from Ikea (approx 1.6m wide)
GTOmega Racing Gaming Chair
Standard desk lamp

In desk draws:
Apple Keyboard (with num pad)
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Touchpad
Apple Earpods
Jabra Rox
Anker 12000ml/a usb charger
500GB USB3 portable HD
Loads of SD Cards, in a waterproof SD Card case
Beats By Dre - Solo HD (wish I didn't buy them)

Catospiffy

Reaction score
Mine is not as complicated as all of yours, but it works well. ;)IMG_20150326_121655.jpg

I have an Acer Aspire E-17.3 laptop with a samsung additional monitor hooked up. I generally play my games (as I am a gaming youtuber) on my main laptop screen with Fraps (for video) and Audacity (for audio) on the other monitor. My microphone is a Zoom H1 and I use JVC flats headphones because I don't have any money for better headphones (although they work fine so it doesn't really matter.

PS. I record in my bedroom at my desk so it gets a little messy at times