Take A Picture of Your Recording Setup :)

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
When watching BTS of things it's always really cool to see how everything is done and set up so I've decided to make a thread where you post your setup explaining how it all works, these things seem fascinating :p Beware I might end up asking loads of questions :D

I guess I'll start it off then here's mine...
IMG_20140705_155809.jpg
What I do here is I have my camera hooked up to my pc monitor so I can see everything in big screen, then my microphone mounted to a tripod sitting in front of where I sit, connected via an extension cable to the camera, then at the side I have my laptop where I put up all the main points I need to say and that's pretty much my setup :)

Ok so you're up next :D

Whatwillhappenif?

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
What is your Canon model? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am considering to buy a Canon 70D, what is your idea about it? :wub:

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Nice set up Brodie. :) Here's my current set-up:

DSC_0228.JPG

Sorry if the pictures a bit dark, it was taken on an Xperia z1.

I love mine, other than the monitor, I want to get a 1080p one and this one has one dead pixel which annoys the f*** out of me. :(

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
What is your Canon model? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am considering to buy a Canon 70D, what is your idea about it? :wub:
it's a t2i :) I've never used the canon 70D, but it does look great judging from the test footage :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404751769][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice set up Brodie. :) Here's my current set-up:

View attachment 20692

Sorry if the pictures a bit dark, it was taken on an Xperia z1.

I love mine, other than the monitor, I want to get a 1080p one and this one has one dead pixel which annoys the f*** out of me. :(
is that a blue snowball? They always look really awesome when mounted next to a desk :D Your monitor looks fine, but I guess anyone with OCD may explode about that dead pixel...

Reactions: Whatwillhappenif?

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
it's a t2i :) I've never used the canon 70D, but it does look great judging from the test footage :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404751769][/DOUBLEPOST]
is that a blue snowball? They always look really awesome when mounted next to a desk :D Your monitor looks fine, but I guess anyone with OCD may explode about that dead pixel...
It's actually a T.Bone SC440, I got it pretty cheap too, the who mic and pop filter would of cost €75+€15 Shipping from Thomann and it got both second hand for only €50 incl. P&P., :D

I used to have a Snowball though.

Reactions: Brodie

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
It's actually a T.Bone SC440, I got it pretty cheap too, the who mic and pop filter would of cost €75+€15 Shipping from Thomann and it got both second hand for only €50 incl. P&P., :D

I used to have a Snowball though.
that's a steal :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404756324][/DOUBLEPOST]
this is my setup :)
I'm so jealous of your triple monitors :D I've always wanted to have a dual monitor setup, plus it looks cool :D

Cay

Ytalks Reviewer
Reaction score
that's a steal :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404756324][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm so jealous of your triple monitors :D I've always wanted to have a dual monitor setup, plus it looks cool :D
Aha the thing I'm proudest of is the desk. It's huge and was the first thing DIY based that I had to build myself. Normal people start with a small cabinet or something not this aha.

Germaine Liew

Reaction score

This is where I record my videos. XD
Well,its on a top of a double decker bed.But the top wasnt used so I laid a cardboard box on it. :p
So at the background,boxes of the devices I own currently(Note 3 box not present).There is where my camera will usually be and its mounted on a cheap tripod.
Behind the camera is a flourescent lamp(I just bought that thing recently) to provide lighting and I got it difused with some A4 paper.The ceiling light(Currently turned on) also provides lighting.

BronySinc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My current setup is for animation and music production, if I record video it's usually with my Galaxy S3 camera.
There's also more to the left and right but didn't include it in this photo, it's just a guitar, amp, a kinect, and some useless other junk like controllers.