Subscribe, then unsubsribe.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a but of a frustration post really, but i also find it humorous too.
Don't you just love it, when some body subs then unsubs. especially when your a small channel. Sometime you feel like putting a hit out on them trough the back market, maybe hope that John Wick will deal with it haha.
But seriously, what do you think of it?

Reactions: Smurfson

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I do it all the time. Sometimes channels just stop putting out content that I'm interested in, or I just get bored of it after a while.

Reactions: S.A.D

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it all the time. Sometimes channels just stop putting out content that I'm interested in, or I just get bored of it after a while.
That i understand. I do that too. I mean immediately afterwards, or at least on the same day.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
If they won't watch, then unsubscribing is best because it means a higher percentage of subs view a video than if there was someone who was never going to but followed you.

I haven't yet, but soon I think I'll be at the point of making a CTA that's says, if you won't watch every video old and new then please DONT subscribe!

Reactions: darkstarmedia

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
My experience is that they are another youtube channel who only wants you to subscribe to them and when you are not doing it, they unsubscribe. So basically a S4S.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Lol basically before one minute I was looking at subscribers demographic. I gain around 141 and lost 37. In one day I lost 13 subs from my country where I am born. I doubt that it was some kind of server error because that day I didn't post anything which can make such negative impact. @Dino explain to me for example if you are following 100 channels, how do you know what channel stopped adding new content - I mean, come on. Probably more people unsubscribe because of somebody posting very often then if somebody left his channel and doesn`t post anything new.

Reactions: Heather Gryffin

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I don't really care wheter someone unsubscribes from me.
They are allowed to do what they want.

Reactions: Dino

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Of course, they are allowed. But you should track that and see how you can improve not to lose them :). Imagine you put some video which in some way (to you not known) insults, for example, german people and suddenly 50% of your subscribers from Germany unsubscribe. Should you not care about that? And learn so not to make the same mistake again. I think you should, but everybody has it`s own right to think how he wants :)

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Lol basically before one minute I was looking at subscribers demographic. I gain around 141 and lost 37. In one day I lost 13 subs from my country where I am born. I doubt that it was some kind of server error because that day I didn't post anything which can make such negative impact. @Dino explain to me for example if you are following 100 channels, how do you know what channel stopped adding new content - I mean, come on. Probably more people unsubscribe because of somebody posting very often then if somebody left his channel and doesn`t post anything new.
Because I don't see any of their videos in my sub box that I feel interested in watching??? You make it sound like subscribing to your channel is somehow a privilege.