Subs going stagnent compared to old analytics?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi.

Me and My team created our new channel in March of 2016 and we grew pretty fast.

But recently our subs have slowly slowed down to a crawl and i need to know if there is a way i can work out where we went wrong.

The main things that changed was we started a new editing style and changed the schedule (The old schedule was a video every 3-4 days).

Where did we go wrong? and how can i work it out?

This seriously worries me and im not sure how to fix it, my only guess is we f*cked it by changing the editing style and somewhat slowing down the amount of videos a week. In addition our videos are far shorter than they used to be our videos are around 3-5 minutes when they used to be a total of 10-15 minutes.

Usually sub slow down doesn't concern me but we are at 514 subscribers and we were at 501 december 29th, So im a bit concerned.

Sorry for the wall of text thanks in advance.

TeraVex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer, Reviewer
Hmm, well compare your old videos to your new videos that's what I do.
Ask questions like "Is this an improvement?" and "Is it worth the extra time to edit?" make sure you look at them critically, I know that's hard because it's your own content so you may not be able to see it in a critical way because that's what we do, we think it's good and send it out and then later down the line regret it. So, I think you should look up a big channel that does videos similar to yours and see if your content is of that caliber and quality (I'm assuming that bigger channels are usually successful because of their quality, I know that's not always the case but work with me here haha). Also, in terms of length it's better due to YouTube's algorithm to have videos 10-15 minutes long. I think, if there's a way to find a good middle ground between the two styles you may be on to something. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help. I'm not a big channel but I do study the growth of channels and how they work so I'm semi vested in the art of figuring out what to do in terms of uploads and whatnot.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hmm, well compare your old videos to your new videos that's what I do.
Ask questions like "Is this an improvement?" and "Is it worth the extra time to edit?" make sure you look at them critically, I know that's hard because it's your own content so you may not be able to see it in a critical way because that's what we do, we think it's good and send it out and then later down the line regret it. So, I think you should look up a big channel that does videos similar to yours and see if your content is of that caliber and quality (I'm assuming that bigger channels are usually successful because of their quality, I know that's not always the case but work with me here haha). Also, in terms of length it's better due to YouTube's algorithm to have videos 10-15 minutes long. I think, if there's a way to find a good middle ground between the two styles you may be on to something. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help. I'm not a big channel but I do study the growth of channels and how they work so I'm semi vested in the art of figuring out what to do in terms of uploads and whatnot.
Yeah I Agree, I did look through my videos and i feel like the shorter videos don't do it justice. I really appricate the advice and i'm going to look through our old videos and compare them to the current. Thank you for the feedback :)

lolcaiyou

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Shorter videos mean shorter watch time, this affects your video placement in search and recommended videos. 7-10 minute videos work best for me.