Should one upload everyday?

Marceive

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hellllllloooooo guys...... Marceive here and I was just wondering is it a good idea to upload everyday?

I upload mon-fri, but it doesn't seem that I'm getting anywhere. I believe that I'm making some interesting content, but hey! That's just me.

I saw this one YouTuber who has over 5,000 subscribers, and just started in March. He uploads once a week.

However, I will say that my videos in the past were kind of random, so I think that contributed to it as well.

Like my "THIS IS HOW" series, oh God! I don't want to think about those. But before them, I was making gaming videos, and they weren't really doing so good.

I went back to gaming now, and changed up my style quite a bit, I'm starting to make better thumbnails and such, so what do you guys think?

Should I wait it out and see what happens?

BUTTTTT!! Even though I'm not getting attention, I'm still enjoying it. That's what matters right?

Reactions: CMTXRATED

ellelletalk

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
I wouldn't recommend uploading daily. Especially if you're a smaller youtuber.
Why? When you're small (and not very searchable), the majority of your "consistent" views will come from subscribers.

If I get one video a week from someone I enjoy, I'll usually watch it. If I have 40 videos from them.. I'll watch 1.. maybe 2..

Don't overwhelm people with content, is my suggestion.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hellllllloooooo guys...... Marceive here and I was just wondering is it a good idea to upload everyday?

I upload mon-fri, but it doesn't seem that I'm getting anywhere. I believe that I'm making some interesting content, but hey! That's just me.

I saw this one YouTuber who has over 5,000 subscribers, and just started in March. He uploads once a week.

However, I will say that my videos in the past were kind of random, so I think that contributed to it as well.

Like my "THIS IS HOW" series, oh God! I don't want to think about those. But before them, I was making gaming videos, and they weren't really doing so good.

I went back to gaming now, and changed up my style quite a bit, I'm starting to make better thumbnails and such, so what do you guys think?

BUTTTTT!! Even though I'm not getting attention, I'm still enjoying it. That's what matters right?
What kind of content is he uploading? That kinda of depends -- some animation videos/comedy videos can get uploaded once a week and garner thousands of views/subs easy. All depends on the content -- as for uploading everyday, IF YOU CAN manage it then I don't see why not. Especially if you are small, your videos are suppose to do two things, 1. Entertain your subbers and 2. Reach out to more potential subbers. If you upload once a week how will people find you in the sea of thousands of videos being uploaded everyday? What elle said is also true that you can overwhelm your CURRENT subs with your videos but if your plan of action is to also try to reach out to more people in general then I don't see the problem of uploading everyday to get the attention of others as well. I personally upload twice a day and never once did I have any of my subs complain about it. If a video peaks their interest they will watch it, if not...they won't watch it but will still enjoy a couple videos every other day or whatever. My main goal is to keep trying to reach out to people with my videos so! to each their own, keep the schedule that you can be the most consistent with.

Reactions: Marceive

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer

You should upload 3 times a week I think, but I upload everyday and it seems to gain attention but it does depend on the quality of your videos

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I STRONGLY suggest you to NOT upload every day. I see people uploading 2 or 3 videos per day and that is just too much. I suggest uploading 2 or 3 times per week until you're big. I have almost 2k subs right now and I currently only upload 2 to 3 times per week.

Then again I guess it all boils down to what your subs want. Ask them.

HaileySimone

✈ IN THE AIR ✈
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
3x a week is probably a good schedule, it's better to give your videos time to gain attention

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score

Also check out DOMPLAYS - he does one every day, he has 11k subs in 8 months off just Let's Plays alone - not shout outs, tip videos, guide videos and or give away videos that usually tend to gain empty subs -- if I'm not wrong, most of the big Let's Players like Mark/Jack did about 1 a day as well - until they got over 50k subs or so and started 2 a day. It's really whatever works for you and what you see working for your own channel. There are people who do Guide/Review/ShoutOut/GIVEAWAY videos and when they try to transition over to a Let's Play, they get abysmal views and wonder why. What kind of audience are you trying to gain, what kind of content do you want to do? etc.

Suess

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I would say quality > quantity, however, youtube is also very luck based so dont feel too down when someone has started making videos after you and have more subs. Sometimes people just get a lucky break!

Reactions: Anjim and Marceive

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I upload videos 3 times a week only because I cover a different topic each day, on Mondays my photographer fans watch my videos and Wednesdays my cinematography fans etc. I am also afraid my quality wont be as good if I were to upload daily.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope, uploading once a day won't get you anywhere. You upload as much as your viewer base can bare. And when you just start out you don't need multiple videos a week. People will get bored of it real quick.

Reactions: GucciCarry