Royalty Free Music Sites

Show Stephanie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I need to check some of these out to add to some of my videos. Thanks :)

Ishtiak Ahmed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So if you want music you can use while also being able to monetise your content?

Here's a list I've gathered over time to use in these types of videos :-D
Make sure to check the details on the website just in case as some do carry fees and Terms and conditions :)

LIST BEGINS!!

Blooming excellent free to use music, plus they provide with written approval to use all music on youtube by just filling in a 3 line form (just to avoid those peasky youtube copyright claims):

EPIC Royalty Free music:

Don't forget partners in rhyme! They have free sound effects and music on their website:

Another royalty free music:

Some free, some not, all all able to use:

Free and creative commons music:

Creative commons music (typically rock music with instrumentals of each song):

Can't miss Youtube's very own audio library. Some really good stuff on here. Especially some of those orchestrated classics like Midsummer's Night Dream (wedding song):

Newgrounds, some you can use, but if unsure, check the description or mail the owner:

Also, added by @Glup:

There are certain tracks that are under creative commons. If you are unsure, contact the artist:

Free Music Archive, filled to the brim with stuff. Just check the licence when looking at music :-D You can even edit your search for ones specifically with the creative commons commercial licence :) :

Bit Pricey, but free if you are with RPM:

Most are under creative commons, but check the licence on the track as some are non-commercial:

Creative commons remix community (some are non-commerical):

Creative Commons music:

MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF QUALITY CREATIVE COMMONS MUSIC! (unorganised though):

more creative commons music:

Lots of sound effects and music here for use, but check their description first to see if you can use commercially:

Dano songs. Bit awkward looking for songs, but all free to use for monetisation with attribution:

Music that can be used commercially and non-commercially:

More Free to use music:

Royalty Music (pay once, can use on monetisation for anything you want within the terms of service):

Different types of media that have fallen under either creative copyright or are copyright free:

Soundcloud users royalty free music (added by @Aaaryon)

Great Royalty free music for Youtubers. Especially if you want dubstep or electronica:

Youtube Channels with Royatly free music:

NCS Release (suggested by @DutchMash ):

If you have the money though, you can always licence music. The cheaper licences usually appear on sites like and , or you can get written approval from an artist you like. Don't be expecting JayZ to mail you back though, he will probably be expecting a Huuuuuuge sum of cash.

Also, for those on Mac you have plenty of Garageband music and loops that you can use! And you can customise it to fit your video by dragging your finished video without music into garageband and drag and drop the loops!

Or if you are really talented, you can use programs like and to compose music for yourself :)
Here's an introduction to fruity loops done by the one and only OneyNG:

If you have anymore you can share, please say! Always more welcome on the list :-D

This post was Tweeted,Google+ posted and was given a shoutout on a video by the makers of Yttalk (@Michael). Please applaud one of the greatest youtube community websites there is out there! :-D A community that cares!

Great help...thx...

Nazir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i USE TO CHANNEL FOR COPY RIGHT FREE MUSIC NCS YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND CHUNKI BEATS FOR ROYALTY FREE MUSIC

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really love YouTube audio library. It lets you hear the songs and then download them so easy. Not to mention they'll tell you about attribution. It's amazing and the artists on there are amazing as well!

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I get most my copyright free music off these two youtube channels.

Audio Library - No copyright music
No copyright music - Free audio library

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
This is a good list. I got the pleasure of working with someone from SoundCloud and got to use their music on my most recent video. I think it was easy listening music to help go along with the video. I didn't have to pay him or anything so it was a nice exchange of content. I got familiar with how to give credit to someone as well. Hoping I get to take part in another exchange in the future.