Recording Commentary Sound?

itsamymelissa

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Okay, so, I haven't been recording videos for youtube for about two months now because I have been trying to fix the sound issue I've been having. I was using the elgato live commentary recorder. Then they updated their software, and I thought it would have fixed, but it didn't. I am not sure how to record the commentary outside of the software where it will still record the game sounds. Does any one have any tips or advice? Thank you! :D

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Idk uh have elgato running your game while you record the gameplay from an external source that can do both gameplay AND your commentary.

I use Mirillis Action! but it's a pain to work with programs (I have to use windowed mode a lot)

If you have a decent computer OBS can be a good option with what I said above and or if you have a weak computer and can shill out 15 bucks Xsplit can do local records as well.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i use the free version of xsplit you don't have to pay for it to do this kind of thing :) you also have the option of using a webcam if you like

Reactions: itsamymelissa

itsamymelissa

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
i use the free version of xsplit you don't have to pay for it to do this kind of thing :) you also have the option of using a webcam if you like
Would I be able to use it with external gaming consoles?[DOUBLEPOST=1465771530,1465771509][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean you could use the Elgato to record the game and use Audacity to record commentary separately and then just merge it when you edit your video.
I shall have to try this! Thank you!

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Would I be able to use it with external gaming consoles?[DOUBLEPOST=1465771530,1465771509][/DOUBLEPOST]
I shall have to try this! Thank you!
I think you can but you have to have a capture card i have always wanted to do gaming from a console but i dont have a capture card to do it with, as i use consoles more and only have a laptop to play games from. But yes i do think it is possible

EndoveneTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know if you only want to use a voice recorder for external gaming consoles, but if you are in need of a new one for a pc-version I would recommend you getting Open Broadcaster Software.
The free program is mainly used for streaming, but it's a really decent one for recording as well since there is a ''record video'' option included ( ofcourse including your audio input ).

Reactions: itsamymelissa

itsamymelissa

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I mean you could use the Elgato to record the game and use Audacity to record commentary separately and then just merge it when you edit your video.
Ah! You're s life saver! It really works well! Thank you a ton!!!! :D:D[DOUBLEPOST=1465953764,1465953629][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you can but you have to have a capture card i have always wanted to do gaming from a console but i dont have a capture card to do it with, as i use consoles more and only have a laptop to play games from. But yes i do think it is possible
Ah! Okay! I use the el gato capture card. It works okay, but that's probably because I'm not an expert at these things. Hahaha, but I am getting better!