Avorto

Reaction score
i have a gaming channel that i do with my older brother and we sometimes both have problems when we do video together specifically audio issues. we do not live in the same city so we need to rely on chat services like google hangout and Skype to record our videos. Skype is out of the question because we get horrible background noise. but only with Skype if we record individually we have no background noise in our videos. so if anybody on this site has a solution for this it would be greatly appreciated. also my brother has horrible issues where my voice is sometimes much lower than his. we both record with obs btw. we were thinking of just recording our voices separate but then our voices will still be in each others audio cause obs records everything that comes out of our speakers.....cause that's how it works. thanks in advance for any help / advice you give me

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Moved to Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware for ya ^_^

Reactions: Michael and Avorto

RonThePlatypus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could try lowering your game volume so the chat is louder, or try increasing the volume through skype's options.

Xenethra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a 3 person Co-op series going on right now, over Skype. Here is what we do.

Skype gives you the option to set the speaker device, set it separate from what you get the game audio with. I use a USB headset for game audio and earphones for Skype.

We record the Game audio through the headset, call is not captured.

Person 3 records his commentary in Audacity.
I now have game footage with game audio, and all of the commentary is separate. I do some audio editing separately before importing them all in Premiere, edit and render.