New gaming channel: NEED feedback

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a low view count and only 21 subscribers so I don't get very much traffic on my videos. I am just starting out, and don't have any fancy equipment at the moment. I would like some constructive feedback on my videos and what I can do to improve content-wise. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

***UPDATE***

I posted a new video taking some of the suggestions offered here. Please critique this new video instead of the old one.

Last edited:

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
your channel link isn't working on here, at least for me. you might wanna look into that because that's probably keeping some people on the forums from checking your channel out.

i'm not too into gaming videos as far as youtube goes, and with all the gaming channels out there it's hard to get noticed for sure, especially when you don't have all the fancy expensive equipment. i watched your videos though and you have an awesome on-camera personality which some people never really develop. you come across as very genuine. the only thing i would say is it's hard to hear you a lot of the time, especially over the sounds of the game.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
your channel link isn't working on here, at least for me. you might wanna look into that because that's probably keeping some people on the forums from checking your channel out.

i'm not too into gaming videos as far as youtube goes, and with all the gaming channels out there it's hard to get noticed for sure, especially when you don't have all the fancy expensive equipment. i watched your videos though and you have an awesome on-camera personality which some people never really develop. you come across as very genuine. the only thing i would say is it's hard to hear you a lot of the time, especially over the sounds of the game.
thanks for letting me know about the channel link! I had no idea. I agree the audio is not too good which is something I'm looking into correcting. Thanks so much for your feedback!

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks for letting me know about the channel link! I had no idea. I agree the audio is not too good which is something I'm looking into correcting. Thanks so much for your feedback!
nooo worries! best of luck with your channel, it's great so far :)

Orion Blue

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Earbuds or headphones, the mic is picking up the sound from your speakers. Download OBS, its a very powerful recording tool, it has a mac version, and it's free! Audacity(also free) to edit the audio, at the very least normalize it to stop you from peaking. There are ton's of tutorials out there. The most important thing overall is having somewhat decent framerate and fullscreen gameplay. If you can't achieve that than like Georgia said it'll be pretty hard to get noticed.

As far as commentary goes, for a beginner its actually pretty good! The audio quality is better than what most start out with(again, headphones/earbuds and some audio editing should make your voice come out fine for what you have) My first commentaries on my old account were dreadful, but the most important thing is being able to fill in dead air. Which leads to my final point; continue to make videos! Good commentary and finding an identity for yourself only comes from practice. Don't feel discouraged and just keep at it. Most of all, and yes its the most cliche part of this post: just have fun! There's no point otherwise.

Reactions: RollinDooobiez
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Earbuds or headphones, the mic is picking up the sound from your speakers. Download OBS, its a very powerful recording tool, it has a mac version, and it's free! Audacity(also free) to edit the audio, at the very least normalize it to stop you from peaking. There are ton's of tutorials out there. The most important thing overall is having somewhat decent framerate and fullscreen gameplay. If you can't achieve that than like Georgia said it'll be pretty hard to get noticed.

As far as commentary goes, for a beginner its actually pretty good! The audio quality is better than what most start out with(again, headphones/earbuds and some audio editing should make your voice come out fine for what you have) My first commentaries on my old account were dreadful, but the most important thing is being able to fill in dead air. Which leads to my final point; continue to make videos! Good commentary and finding an identity for yourself only comes from practice. Don't feel discouraged and just keep at it. Most of all, and yes its the most cliche part of this post: just have fun! There's no point otherwise.
Thanks for your feedback! I'll be sure to try out those suggestions for my next video.

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there, watched the slender gameplay a bit - love the name of the chanel Ms Fabulous.

Audio
For me the sound of a video is really important. High quality commentary uses compression for audio to even out the jumps in volume across spoken parts and make sure peoples ears do not fall off when you start screaming. I feel incorporating this would benefit your videos a lot.

Volume
Another thing is the balance between game sound and you, a thing I usually mess up a lot. Generally you should be more prominent than the game but not to the point of making the game sound the slender video had parts where the game was actually louder than you.

Branding
Adding a logo or line of text with the name of your channel would help with building your brand and might be something to consider. Youtube has a feature to do that, but you could also edit it in as static image.

All in all it is a really great start - keep going and evolving :)

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I basically agree with everyone above, for your webcam, you may want to cut it or make it smaller - it legit almost takes up 1/4 of the entire screen making a lot of the actual gameplay hidden.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey there, watched the slender gameplay a bit - love the name of the chanel Ms Fabulous.

Audio
For me the sound of a video is really important. High quality commentary uses compression for audio to even out the jumps in volume across spoken parts and make sure peoples ears do not fall off when you start screaming. I feel incorporating this would benefit your videos a lot.

Volume
Another thing is the balance between game sound and you, a thing I usually mess up a lot. Generally you should be more prominent than the game but not to the point of making the game sound the slender video had parts where the game was actually louder than you.

Branding
Adding a logo or line of text with the name of your channel would help with building your brand and might be something to consider. Youtube has a feature to do that, but you could also edit it in as static image.

All in all it is a really great start - keep going and evolving :)
Thanks so much for your feedback. I agree the volume differences and audio are pretty bad, still figuring out exactly how to get better audio/visual for my videos.

Horse Punch

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
well you only made 4-5 videos I have about 30 and the same amount of subs your doing just fine !