Rads

Hello everyone, I started a few weeks ago my youtube channel, a gaming channel and of course I thought about: "What network should I join when the time comes?" , so I did some research and it looks like for youtube gamers, other network than adsense is the best, since we can play almost any game without the need of showing peremission for commercial use to youtube.
After that I also did some research on different networks like Freedom, Fullscreen, Machinima and many others. Of all these networks I found the best one, Fullscreen since the other were accused of scaming or not paying the creators income.
So I would need some advice from those who have been in fullscreen or those who know something more about this network.

As a matter of fact I would like to know what are the taxes for earning money from a netwrok and how do they calculate?

Thank you everyone in advice :)

Hello everyone, I started a few weeks ago my youtube channel, a gaming channel and of course I thought about: "What network should I join when the time comes?" , so I did some research and it looks like for youtube gamers, other network than adsense is the best, since we can play almost any game without the need of showing peremission for commercial use to youtube.
After that I also did some research on different networks like Freedom, Fullscreen, Machinima and many others. Of all these networks I found the best one, Fullscreen since the other were accused of scaming or not paying the creators income.
So I would need some advice from those who have been in fullscreen or those who know something more about this network.

As a matter of fact I would like to know what are the taxes for earning money from a netwrok and how do they calculate?

Thank you everyone in advice :)

- Freedom gives 60% share and no lock in contract (30 days unlink)
- Fullscreen gives 70% share and 2 years lock in with auto-renew unless canceled 30 days before end of contract
- Machinima gives (at least to me) 75% and 3 years lock in (didnt found auto-renew but I might just overlooked it)

If you are only few weeks old and you really want to join network I definitely recommend one with no lock in (or 30 days release lock) even if it offers worse revenue share. Cant imagine I would lock myself for 2 or 3 years with some network unless I would get some extra benefits and some "you cant refuse" deal. Especially when Youtube isnt your full time job but just hobby :)

About tax - depends on country where your network is, so we can help you with it after it (in Freedom I think you dont need to fill any taxes, maybe only income ones in your country - while from US countries you need to fill some forms I heard but dont know for sure as I didnt earned enough money to fill in taxes from this :) )

- Freedom gives 60% share and no lock in contract (30 days unlink)
- Fullscreen gives 70% share and 2 years lock in with auto-renew unless canceled 30 days before end of contract
- Machinima gives (at least to me) 75% and 3 years lock in (didnt found auto-renew but I might just overlooked it)

If you are only few weeks ...
Do you happen to know what is that tax limit you have to hit until you get to pay them? I saw on some sites that it is 600$?
Did machinima help you in anyway to promote your channel?
Thank you!

Do you happen to know what is that tax limit you have to hit until you get to pay them? I saw on some sites that it is 600$?
Did machinima help you in anyway to promote your channel?
Thank you!

I think it depends on each country separately. In my country tax minimum is 1901,67 euros (so unless I earn more I dont need to fill my taxes but if I worked I can fill it so I get tax returns from what they took from my paychecks). For USA (where probably your network might be) it is $10300 for employee OR $400 for self-employment. As you see it is complicated and it depends again on your network, your network location and your country.

Also I wasnt in Machinima due to 3 year contract which is way too long for me. But again - I would give up on 15% revenue share for chance to leave basically anytime I get either better offer or grow up significantly so I would qualify for much better deal.

I think it depends on each country separately. In my country tax minimum is 1901,67 euros (so unless I earn more I dont need to fill my taxes but if I worked I can fill it so I get tax returns from what they took from my paychecks). For USA (where probably your network might be) it is $10300 for employee OR $400 for self-employment. As you see it is complicated and it depends again on your network, your network location and your country.

Also I wasnt in Machinima due to 3 year contract which is way too long for me. But again - I would give up on 15% revenue share for chance to leave basically anytime I get either better offer or grow up significantly so I would qualify for much better deal.
Are you in any network at the moment?

There is no point joining a network at your channels current size. If you want to monetize, use AdSense.

.... and wait to reach $100 which for some youtubers can take forever. Joining a youtube network with low threshold payment will enable any youtube to get regularly paid on a monthly base. That could be just enough to keep them going and produce more quality content.

There is nothing wrong in joining a network, apart from the obvious cut they take, and some of them they do take a lot back.

So op, if you want to join a network, don't settle with anything less than 80% rev share and no lock in contract.

Back