Nasty Comments..

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh yeah, I've certainly had my fair share of nasty comments...some directed at me, and some just flat out terrible in general...

I've been called a boring stupid idiot, someone who doesn't know who they're talking about (and in much meaner terms) as well as having people leave racist comments on some of my videos on more controversial topics (ie; the news topic rants...part of the reason why I've decided to put that mini series on hold for the time being until I figure out what to do with that series...)

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So.. here lately we have been getting some really nasty comments.. some from younger kids.. Some say our videos are cringey.. some say the boys are stupid (this one really bothers me).. some even say they wish they could die after seeing this.. has anyone else experienced this? I have a few times made mean comments back.. but I know that isn't the way to handle things. Most of the time I report it.. I was thinking about disabling comments... Thoughts?
I just ban trolls and keep it moving! They want you to cringe, but don't give them the satisfaction.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh yeah, I've certainly had my fair share of nasty comments...some directed at me, and some just flat out terrible in general...

I've been called a boring stupid idiot, someone who doesn't know who they're talking about (and in much meaner terms) as well as having people leave racist comments on some of my videos on more controversial topics (ie; the news topic rants...part of the reason why I've decided to put that mini series on hold for the time being until I figure out what to do with that series...)
Oh gee..I'm sorry, that's horrible!

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is one of the biggest reasons why I don't use my kids. People feel invincible when they are anonymous and say crazy mean things they would never say in real life. I agree that it also means your channel is gaining momentum...fortunately and unfortunately.

I can stomach comments made at me, but not my kids. Your kids are adorable. I can't imagine how anyone can say anything mean about them!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think all of us here experience it, but it does not make us give up even become our encouragement to make better video, let them talk what is important we continue to work by making good and quality video, out there are still many people who likes our videos rather than people who hate them.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
If u think they are troubling you, I think there is an option to blacklist them in channel settings. I can take negative feedback from people, however repeated negativity is NO NO for me. So I block them.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So.. here lately we have been getting some really nasty comments.. some from younger kids.. Some say our videos are cringey.. some say the boys are stupid (this one really bothers me).. some even say they wish they could die after seeing this.. has anyone else experienced this? I have a few times made mean comments back.. but I know that isn't the way to handle things. Most of the time I report it.. I was thinking about disabling comments... Thoughts?
Every day we get many unfortunately. I don't pay attention to them, I much rather focus on the sweet and warm comments we get and delete/ban the others. Endless cycle though of nasty comments but the language filter does a good job of keeping most of it out.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just moderate your comments like me. There will always be haters and the best thing to do is 1. Ignore them, and 2. Have a haters's quota, so an average amount of dislikes and comments from people with no brains per video or period of time.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We get a constant stream of troll comments, it just rolls right off us. We just laugh at them. We filter out curse words and hate words too, so our fans don't have to read other people's hate and dirt.

Don't take it personally. It's not personal, they don't even know you.
Don't engage or respond. It just encourages them. Instead, respond to the nice people.
Focus on the positive comments and the views. That tells you much more than the trolls.

Lisa McKown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just remove any negative comments, ban them, etc. but don't disable your comments completely

You're kids are super cute too .. just ignore the haters :biggrin: