My videos are high quality but my channel isn't growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Barrott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, so like I said, each of my videos I try to make better than the last, and they are all really high quality in my opinion (for someone who's been only doing it a couple months). I just don't understand why my channel isn't growing? I understand it takes time, but I see other people with a lot lower quality content flying past me in stats. Please help, any advice is appreciated.

Is there anything wrong with the content I'm making?
Click below to check out my channel:

Last edited:

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It depends on so many things. They may know more people that share their channel, they could be more active on social media, they could be putting out content that is rising in popularity faster than yours.

Try not to get yourself down over other people's popularity surpassing yours, instead try to think of how you can get your name out there and let your commitment and content speak volumes for you. You will get there in time if you don't get swamped by your own negative thoughts.

Reactions: Jack Barrott

Jack Barrott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks, I'm not really bothered by others surpassing me, that's fine, I just dont understand how I can get my name out their and grow my channel?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
First thing I quickly noticed is that you're not tagging your videos very effectively. Tags should be all filled out with researched keywords that are from 3-6 words long. Also your descriptions are very lacking and should include all researched tags within them, written in a non spammy way. It's also way too short. Aim for at least 300-600 words long. Next, you need to find ways to promote, get lots of views the first several days, and then hope Youtube's algorithm will take care of the rest. The point is, don't obsess with having high quality content. I'm aware that my content is above average for my niche but there's plenty of people that I'm able to grower faster than who I know produce higher quality content than me, and even more consistently. If I were you, I'd focus my time really understanding Youtube's SEO, understanding how watch time and relative audience retention affects your video's rankings and growth as well as finding your social media platform, forum or website or whatever than can give you that initial boost of views.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I can feel you, it is difficult to get attention because lot of big youtubers get the most traffic. However the key point is to build the audience for your channel, be consistent and keep improving your content. One day you will become popular than ever.

Boyed

Reaction score
If it was that easy (just quality) everyone would already be famous and making millions from youtube, it`s about luck mostly not quality. A lot of idiots with bad quality videos are already famous

DAVE_UK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi

Your channel looks great and your videos look really polished. Take note from the previous comments, spend some time on your titles, description and tags, they are key to getting your videos up the YouTube ladder. You have to remember that YouTube is swamped with gaming channels & it really does take time. I've been YouTubing for over 2 years and still get low views on some videos where others get a few thousand views. If you carry on making good content your channel WILL grow, but it does take time.
Also don't get stuck analysing your stats concentrate on uploading and having fun.

Good luck !

Dave.

Jack Barrott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for all the help, I'm gonna focus some time just researching tags now, and effectively promoting them. I know that social media is a good way to do it, but the thing is, I dont really want people in school / work to find out about it. A couple people did, and ever since, I've been consistently getting the same amount of dislikes. Thanks

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for all the help, I'm gonna focus some time just researching tags now, and effectively promoting them. I know that social media is a good way to do it, but the thing is, I dont really want people in school / work to find out about it. A couple people did, and ever since, I've been consistently getting the same amount of dislikes. Thanks
in regards to that, you either embrace all the weird that comes with the people around you knowing which may actually get you some more subscribers and likes because these people like you (hopefully) or you could make a twitter or other social media platform a little more anonymously and not write your full name on it so people you wouldn't want to find it wouldn't, good luck!

Jack Barrott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
in regards to that, you either embrace all the weird that comes with the people around you knowing which may actually get you some more subscribers and likes because these people like you (hopefully) or you could make a twitter or other social media platform a little more anonymously and not write your full name on it so people you wouldn't want to find it wouldn't, good luck!
Thanks, I'll probably come around to the idea of people knowing soon, I mean it's gonna come out at some point so I'll probably just work up the confidence:)

Status
Not open for further replies.